Book 1: Chapter 2 - New Recruits

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 2 - New Recruits

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:46 pm

From behind the Sulis, a young and causally dressed elf appeared from the stairwell. The elf watches the new recruit and says nothing as he catches just the last second of the beings re-appearance nearby Benmarrow.

Of the two best known elves in the company, it's unmistakable that this must be the one named Nirus Azyera. His two scimitars can be seen hanging from his belt, but most of all his somewhat stoic and stiff appearance is much unlike the other elven officer.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:33 pm

Val watches patiently as the newcomer works. He appreciates that this is precise work. "You'd be surprised," Val replies to the comment about having the boxes on hand. "We get all sorts at the Tower. And some have the most interesting skills."

"Clever," Val says when Zeevan disappears. "Thinking outside the box - or outside the chest, as the case may be." He takes the chest from the Suli and opens it with a key he takes from the top drawer of the desk. Inside is a small leather pouch, which he picks up and tosses to Zeevan. A reward for cleverness."

Then he raises an eyebrow at Benmarrow. "Care to put him through his paces with those swords?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:20 pm

The coins almost miraculously disappear into Zeevan's pocket. "My thanks." He bows slightly to the Colonel, then turns towards Benmarrow. "Major, how did you want to proceed?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:38 am

The shifter shakes his head. "Dates are for guys without the striking looks of a fellow like myself." He pauses, rubbing his chin and gives a short nod to Nirus, his eyelids half closed.

"I don't want to hurt him," Ben says, looking over at Nirus, then not so subtly walking behind the elf. He reaches out and starts giving the elf a massage on his shoulders. "I will loosen up the elf so he doesn't pull something." That seems to mean Ben wants Nirus to do it instead. "You can do it, Nirus. You are a blender of blades, ready to make me some fresh fruit. All the girls like you, you can be count of the Drunken Shifter if you want. Like one that is terrible at drinking and has no sense of humor. But you'd be a good count." This 'major' is talking utter nonsense.

"This is Nirus," he adds, "He's like my second best friend, he and Val are almost tied. But Nirus and I were both pregnant, so that means a lot. Val came later, and although he does slay ladies from time to time, Nirus here, eh." He 'whispers', though it sounds exactly like he's shouting, "IS SCARED OF GIRLS."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:22 am

Nirus turns and gives Benmarrow a cold stare. His facial expression is emotionless and it's true that the elf doesn't show much of his feelings. However of late, the elf has began to lighten up. Time measured in an elf's lifespan is much different than that of a human or shifters.

The elf steps forward away from the shifter's massage and says, "I do not have my training swords. I hope you do not mind sparring against these. I will use just one." Nirus then pulls out the scimitar known as Defender which appears to be ancient with its serrated blade and strange markings on the blade and handle.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:45 am

Zeevan looks and Benmarrow, and just blinks. "Well, thank you for the information, Major. I'm sure it will be very useful." He manages to keep a straight face, but wonders if the man's behavior or some sort of test, or he really is like this all the time.

He turns to Nirus and nods. "Since we are not trying to kill each other, I'll trust you to keep your blade under control." He eyes Defender, nodding politely at the fine craftsmanship. "I don't have anything quite so fancy, just useful blades." He unties the straps peace-tying his weapons, and pulls out both. They have the unnatural glint of magical weaponry, but nothing to call home about. "Shall we?" He gestures back towards the training area, assuming they aren't going to start fighting in the hallway.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:26 pm

"Oh please," Val says when he sees Zeevan make to leave the room. "Fight here by all means. We rarely get to choose where to fight. I'd like to see how you do in unusual circumstances. Don't worry, nothing in the room is irreplaceable."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Nirus nods and enters the room where Val'trith stands. The elf takes a stance with his scimitar raised horizontally behind his rear foot. His head looks directly at the recruit as he begins to twirl the tip of his scimitar in small circles.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Combat we will just RP.

Zeevan is a 4th level Ninja.
Nirus is a 14th level Ranger.

I think we know how it pans out.
The combat test will be right here, among the the tables, chairs, statues and other items. Imric will hate Val for this one as he's the one that has to get someone to clean up the mess and the blood stains that are about to happen. you can hear Imric chiding the Colonel in your head, "You realize we have a training room just for this sort of thing don't you!?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:00 pm

The elf holds his position as he sizes up the recruit. He waits to see if he'll take the first strike or not.