Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Following Orders

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Val'trith nods to Helion, "I agree, do what you can, if you are in danger kill it, if possible capture it and bring it to me and no one else." He looks at Nirus and nods about the reward and the information, "If the Crow is as old as we think it is I wager there will be many more pieces of ancient history to find in it. Keep exploring, recover the Shard, and report back when you can. Zevaan is now officially part of your group, privy to all secrets you know about the Crow and the mission. If there is nothing else, I suggest you get back out there before the Tower Girls or the Bilge Rats are back in." He finishes his drink, "I'm going to go have a talk with Natalya about that... seems these Tower Girls are some break away faction of the Bilge Rat Thief's Guild if you ask me."
Okay, give Zevaan the brooch and let's go back to the Crow!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Following Orders

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Oloven sifts through his pocket and pulls out the magical broach they found within the Crow. "Here you go Zevaan, a welcoming gift." He tosses the broach to him and sits back comfortably. "Then I guess it is best we get started early tomorrow morning, maybe even before the sun is up."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Chapter 2 - In the Crow's Nest

Post by Scout89 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Helion asks Val'trith, "Sir, before you leave, there is a way we can bring it here in a safer manner to everyone. I heard there is a set of manacles that makes the prisioner less willing to flee and way more cooperating. We could use a wand to paralize the creature from a safe distance and put those manacles on it. Unfortunatelly a wand and the manacles are not cheap and I don't know if they are sold here."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Fletcher stands up from the table, accidentally backing his chair into a small table behind him, knocking a small vase onto the floor and shattering it into many pieces. Looking back to the others, "Yes, yes, I'm still here..." Kneeling down to pick up the shards of porcelain, "Helion, rest assured any set of manacles provided by Val will likely be up to the task. But just to be sure, I think our new recruit should be tasked with shackling the beast."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Val rubs his temples as Fletcher breaks the vase, you can hear him muttering under his breath, "That was a 200 year old Brelish vase...." He looks up, "I don't have any such items to give you. I'll have to trust you to be resourceful in your mission on your own. Its what we pay you for. If you want a set of good manacles, that I can give you, beyond that....." He smiles at Fletcher's last comment and eyes Zevaan with a smirk.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:15 pm

"Manacles will have to do the job then." Oloven concludes. "Unless there is anything else, I must go check to see if my armor is finished."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Next Step

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Val shakes his head, "I'm set. See Imric on the way out, he'll get you what he can." He stands up and looks at Nirus, "Captain, I have some news that might interest you, from Master Refrum, come, let's speak in private..." he and Nirus leave the group to their own.
You can have a set of Masterwork Manacles for free. Someone put it on their sheet.

If you are done here post as such, if you want to slip out at night again like before (a good idea) we can do so easily enough.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Next Step

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Oloven stands up when Val does and once him and Nirus leave the room Oloven turns to the group. "We leave before dawn. It is probably best to be in the Crow before the sun comes up." Oloven then leaves to attend to his last bit of preperations.
Last edited by AdamDaBomb11 on Mon May 18, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:07 pm

"Ok. Shakti and I will be ready."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Fletcher tries to change the inflection of his words as the others depart, "That's okay, I will just wait here, awake, as always..."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"