Book 4: Act 1 - Kinstrife & Dark Tidings

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again. Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.

But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them, as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names...

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Rhosgobel: May 29th

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Aerth nods, and although he does not say it, he believes this is for the best. He didn't exactly trust the young man in making the right choices, as clearly that was a problem. The Beornings had no love for him, even after he was released. It wasn't trouble they needed. He asks the rest of his companions, "Where are the rest of you thinking of going?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:16 pm

"I will head up to the Inn and check on the Brandybucks," replies Finn. "But I shan't stay long. My road is long, as I intend to head home and let my family know I am doing well, and talk to my father about the business. Wren mentioned to me he would like to return to his folk for a time, and so the two of us will go together. However, if my road is smooth, I plan to return to the inn by Autumn, perhaps early October. What about you Aerth?"
V, if Eilandor is coming back soon, then I will edit this post. But for now I assume he is stepping away from the game and if so, Wren going back to the Woodland Realm for now makes sense to me...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Wren is carving a little whistle as he sits with Finn. "Yes I desire to see my home again. It has been too long. I will travel with you Finn as far as the Forest Road will take us and part near the edge of the forest. Look for me on your return trip Finn, I may be ready to return to Wilderland then, but we can talk about that on the road. First to the Easterly Inn, I need some pie from Pipkin." He cleans off the whistle and tests it, it works well, and he stashes it in his pocket.
Works for me. I think Eilandor has ended for the foreseeable future.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Borir looks to Finn and states, "I'll be walking my way back to visit Mister Brandybuck and check in on the inn. I'll keep 'ya company."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Varuthil thinks for a while, "It would be good to see the Easterly Inn again, but it would be good to see the woods of my homeland again too. I think I will join you on your return to King Thranduil's realm."
This feels like what Varuthil would be IC and, in terms of roleplaying how she got her skill increases, the Woodland Realm seems like a better fit than the Easterly Inn, though I could make the Inn work.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:56 pm

"I would be glad for your company, too Varuthil," replies Finn. "And as I plan to return to the Inn in the Autumn, if that is your intention, we can join one another on the return to the Vale."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:42 pm

"I have not decided, but I think I will travel back to Woodland Hall." Aerth rubs his chin, "I believe we should keep contact with those people and not disappear from their remembering. Particularly if no one else is going there." Aerth does not seem to have strong feelings one way or another, but he had some standing there, and it might make life easier for him while he was there.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:58 pm

For the most part you have some plans in mind. So taking a while to say your good-byes to Radagast, Gandalf and Oderic you depart heading north. First of you to depart the Fellowship is Aerth. He returns 'home' to the Woodmen of Woodland Hall. It has been a long time now since he spent any time among them, and he wishes to speak to Ignomer and the others there putting his standing among them to good use.

The rest of your travel the rest of the way to the Easterly Inn, with a short stop at Beorn's Hall to restock and to tell him of Oderic's choice to stay at Rhosgobel. The great man seems pleased with that choice. He invites you to spend the summer with his Beornings if you so choose as well, you've proved yourselves and he could use you around his lands.

Yet you move on to the Easterly Inn for now and find it doing well. Pipkin is arguing with Mrs. Brandybuck in the kitchen about the proper way to may a peach cobbler, while the dog and kids play out in the yard. A few dwarven travelers are present, making their way from Erebor to Ered Luin during the summer. Dindy and Dody are doing well and are talking about another trip back to the Shire for next summer, already planning things. Those of you who are staying here find warm beds and warmer meals.

Finn and Wren and Varuthil plan to move on as well. A few days at the Inn and the trio say their good byes and head east to the Forest Gate and head along the Forest Road east. They reach the Woodland Realm of Thandruil without too much trouble, but Mirkwood is always a dangerous journey and they run afoul of a few of its pitfalls but nothing too terrible. On the edge of the forest Finn says his farewells and continues on to Lake-town while the elves return home.

The summer is grown strong now and the Fellowship is split, yet you promise to meet back up again once more, perhaps later in the year.
So ends Book 4 Act 1!

Good job guys plenty fun. I've given out XP and stuff, and you can start working on spending that. Remember to use your Heroic Dev Tab and fill in the timeline stuff also with your Undertaking. You can change around your Fellowship Focus also.

I'll work on a new Fellowship Phase post soon
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring