Book 1: Chapter 1 - Troubles in Tharbad

It was in the beginning of the reign of Malvegil of Arthedain that evil came to Arnor. For at that time the realm of Angmar arose in the North beyond the Ettenmoors. Its lands lay on both sides of the Mountains, and there were gathered many evil men, and Orcs, and other fell creatures. The lord of that land was known as the Witch-king, but it was not known until later that he was indeed the chief of the Ringwraiths, who came north with the purpose of destroying the Dúnedain in Arnor, seeing hope in their disunion, while Gondor was strong.

Ruins of the North is a game set in the north of Eriador in the ruins of Arnor between the years of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Using the One Ring RPG system the game will explore the legacy of the Dunedain and the dangers returned to that part of Middle-earth.

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Telurin nods at Hartley. "I shall go to Serinde's Originals. That leaves The Mithril Crown, Herbs of Quality, Ibal's Shoes, and Findegil the Merchant. Alone will seem the least threatening. I leave it up to each of you to choose whom you'd like to speak with; let's meet back here." The Elf turns and walks down the road looking for the right sign.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:09 pm

"Do we know which is mostly likely to accept our offer?" Aravule asks Hartley. "We should start with them."

Aravule makes no mention of not wishing to talk to a merchant or the opposite.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Halleth says, "Perhaps we should go in pairs? For all we know, the thugs could be preparing to strike now and it would be a bad thing to be caught alone in the midst of that." He's also not particularly keen on having Aravule talk to the merchants alone, given his seeming expectation that he should always get his way.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Telurin turns his head but continues walking. "You may go in pairs, but I feel fine going alone. We shall all be very close by, if something happens to one of us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:37 pm

There are only 4 of you. If we go in pairs I won't have to split the threads too much.

Aravule and Halleth, and Hartely and Telurin? You don't want the hobbit alone if there is trouble do you? He's so soft and cuddly.
Halleth suggests pairs, and will remain with Aravule as his is place, and his desire to help guide the younger Dunedain. Telurin is comfortable alone, but that would leave Hartely alone as well. He can handle himself, but perhaps just to be safe the hobbit should join the elf.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:40 pm

If Hartley suggests going with Telurin, he will certainly welcome it. It hasn't occurred to him.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Wbweather » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:08 pm

"Why don't you two rangers go and and check out The Mithril Crown and Herbs of Quality. My elvish frend and I can visit Ibal's Shoes, Findegil the merchant, and Serinde's Originals. Is that agreeable to everyone?" Hartley is feeling quite adventurous at the moment. This is definitely more his style than being hunted by wolves in the wild.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:12 pm

"Come along Hartley," says Telurin, slowing his step a bit to allow the halfling to catch up.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Aravule nods, "Watch the hobbit, protect him," the ranger says to the elf. "Come on, Halleth." He walks toward the Mithril Crown with a hand on his hilt and his eyes open wide in search of trouble.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Heading to Nomrel's

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Hartley joins Telurin and the pair head off.

Halleth leaves Aravule around the market looking for one of the shop, and a few minutes later you find it. The place hardly lives up to the name. It does have a nice new stone foundation however with the rest of it simple wood. The roof however appears in need of repair. Inside is the owner operator Irimon, a slender man, but well built. Laying about the area are masonry tools, picks, shovels, bags of dry mortar, and other supplies you might suspect used by a mason. He looks up, "Greetings fellows, I am Irimon how can I assist you today?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring