Book 1: Chapter 4 - The Crow: The Lower Levels

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

To Southwatch and Lady Brast

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

"It's gonna be difficult to get information from this people. But think about this: how long has it been since the boat turned upside down? Maybe she's not alive anymore. Maybe we should look for a graveyard?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:22 am

"Better to start with the living. They at least can answer questions."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:43 am

"Or try to kill us. Ok, lets check with them." Helton looks for this neighborhood's information services: the tavern.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:42 pm

You get many a side long glance, and some less than cheerful looks as you move through the district. Brast told you she lived near the Ship's Cat, and so you have come to that place.

A tangle of densewood twigs that have been thatched together, the Ship’s Cat is an inn run by Harysh (female shifter), who has a reputation for honor, hospitality, fairness, and discretion. This makes her a valued intermediary for many. The inn takes its name from Harysh’s dozen cats, which share the place with guests. Familiars and animal companions receive excellent care at the inn, as long as they do not raise the resident cats’ hackles.

You head through the door, a cat scampering out of the way as you move inside the Inn's small loby like room. A dining chamber and kitchen sit off to the right, and stairs lead up to the rooms on the second floor. No one stands at the small desk right now, only one large tabby cat lays there on the guest book watching you with relaxed eyes that shine brightly from out of its over sized face.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:53 pm

"Hello." Oloven says in a raised voice. "We are looking for a bit of information on a person that may have been here. Don't worry, we mean them no harm. We have come to return one of their belongings we found."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:03 pm

The fat cat on the counter just looks at Oloven without saying anything. Then it stands up and stretches its back reaching out long and far. It glances at the group then leaps down from the counter and slinks off into the back room.

A moment or two later a Shifter Woman arrives, she's short, with long tail in a pony tale, and looks a little 'fuzzy' in places you wouldn't normally expect. "Welcome to the Ship's Cat, I am the owner Harysh, what's this about looking for someone?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:07 pm

"We are, madam. The wife of Captain Lockerbie Brast. Do you know of her?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:16 pm

The woman looks the group over, "I might know, I might not. I'm not one who gives out information to the first armed party that comes my way. I deal fairly and honestly with folks, and I'm not ready to send a group of warriors after some poor woman without known more of who you might be." She points with a sharpened finger nail at your collective armaments and such.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Oloven pulls out the locket and shows it to Harysh. "Captain Brast sent us to give this to Liza. We are with The Grey Company."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:17 pm

"Now I know you are trouble. Captain Brast is dead, his ship went down in the harbor some years ago. If you don't mind, I don't deal with troublemakers and rabble-rousers here. You can be on your way."