Book 2: Chapter 1 - Curse of the Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Shattered Statues

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Jasper sits there on the ground, back against the podium of one of the statues. "Perhaps it is not my place to travel with you further? Perhaps the Gods have told me to sit here, and wait for your return? Perhaps I've just lost a great deal of blood and I'm not thinking clearly!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Shattered Statues

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Fletcher glances at Jasper, "Old, perhaps. Some of those hammer blows you dealt tell me you still have it in you Jasper." In regard to moving on, "Just a few dents on my blade and myself. Ready when everyone else is."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Shattered Statues

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Do we dare leave him here? He's a delusional old man; taking him with us may endanger him more than leaving him here.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Shattered Statues

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:00 am

"Jasper." Oloven places an armored hand on the man's shoulder. "Do you truly want to be left behind? Who knows what else could be lurking around here. But. I will not for you to come if you do not want to. The choice is solely yours."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Shattered Statues

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 pm

The lucid moment the old man was having seems to be slowly slipping away and his schizophrenia kicking in once more.

He calls out, “Better to lose thy finger than burn cold the spirit that animates it.”

With that he stands up and staggers toward the pit edge and looks into the curtain of darkness that covers it.

“Fear is wiser than folly, but folly will aid thee in the nights to come!”
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Shattered Statues

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Fletcher looks at Jasper, "What does that even..." Shoulders slumping, "Never mind. Shall we move on."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Shattered Statues

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:07 pm

"Alright then." Oloven heals Jasper and continues to the edge of the pit as well. "So. Who is carrying me down?"
Sacrifice truestrike to spontaneously cast CLW on Jasper.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Shattered Statues

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:34 pm

In his inimitable way, I believe he is urging us forward rather than worry about him. As to bearing you down,
Oloven, you need only climb on my back.

The slight telepath, with the body of a heavy reader, turns his back to Oloven and looks over his shoulder, a gently teasing smile on his face.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Shattered Statues

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:00 am

Zeevan gently restrains Jasper from doing anything hasty, as necessary. "Yes, we need to continue on, but safely. Perhaps someone has an appropriate spell, or a length of rope." He glances down the hole. "I could probably manage to go down there solo, if it stays narrow enough. But that doesn't help the rest of you."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Shattered Statues

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Rope I have, and some pitons, I think.

Je unslings his haversack and rummages for the supplies.