Book 2: Chapter 1 - Curse of the Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Black Pit

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Je's brow furrows with thought.

If one of us could see it, I could link my senses with theirs. I'm not a fearsome warrior, but I can harry and flank with the best of them.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

The Black Pit

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:10 pm

"Oh. the darkness stops after a while," Rikkan notes. "It's perfectly light where the statue is."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Black Pit

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Oloven puts his armor BACK on, you can hear him grumbling under his breath a bit, he doesn't even realize he's doing it. Fletcher then produces the climber's harness, and you dress the warforged in it. He's hooked on the rope and dropped over the edge of the black pit.

As explained to him he floats down the shaft thanks to the magic within it, its utter dark and magical silence down the shaft for some 60 feet or so. Then he emerges from the darkness 25 feet above the floor of the next chamber as he emerges from the ceiling. That's when he puts the harness to use, and clamps on tightly to the rope. So dangling there like some mountain climber the Warforged takes in the room, a few feet above Zeevan who's holding onto the end of the rope himself, but far less securely. Standing on the ground is the enemy statue waiting and ready to strike. Rikkan, able to fly can join the pair as well.

Jasper at the top is still looking into the darkness with a wild look on his face, "I wonder if I can jump in."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The Black Pit

Post by Eilandor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Fletcher fetches an arrow, draws it and takes aim at the lone statue. Wobbling left and right a bit without his feet on the ground he waits as the statue comes into the center of his focus.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Black Pit

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Fletcher draws and arrow and sways on the edge of the rope, Zeevan slightly in his way. He fires and his arrow strikes the head of the statue chipping it and shattering on impact. He draws another one, and holds it for a good long moment, then fires a perfect shot into the same chip on its head. The arrow strikes just the right place, like a jeweler cleaving a gem, the arrow shatters and shatters the statues skull!

The head is dust and the rest of it body just stand there, its arm goes limp, and swings down inert before the whole thing slowly topples over, finally defeated.
Dangling Rounds
Fletcher: Shoot 23 Hit for 9 - 5 DR = 4 Dmg
Fletcher: Shoot "20" (14 Critical Hit) 22 - 5 = 17 = DEAD

2 Arrows, sheet updated
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Black Pit

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:58 am

Zeevan barks out a laugh. "Nice shots!" Then he carefully tries to line up his legs with a less rubble strewn area of the ground, and lets go of the rope. He tries to keep his knees bent, and then roll with the fall rather than falling on his butt.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Sepulcher Chamber

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Zeevan let's go, and floats gently to the floor thanks to the ancient magics of the chamber. So too can Fletcher and Rikkan and anyone else that braves the passage down. Zeevan thinks, using Je's mind link back to the others, 'All clear, jump in'

One by one you eventually make it down the pit either by leaping into the darkness or using the rope, either way you enter into utter black, complete silence, and a near weightlessness as you float down to the entrance chamber of the Lady's Light.

The ceiling of this grand hall is made of polished gray marble. It rises to a height of twenty five feet, supported by ornate columns whose central eight-foot-sections have been carved to resemble a beautiful woman. A ten foot square platform sits in a wide alcove on the north wall, atop which lies a white marble sarcophagus with a painted lid. The sound of gently running water echoes along the hall to the west. From the ceiling glass orbs, with magical light provides bright light in the chamber.

A broken, headless, statue lays on the ground at the bottom of the passage.
Statue is dead, and you can add yourselves.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

The Sepulcher Chamber

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:37 pm

As Rikkan gets to the bottom, comforting a surprised Scales, the ratfolk warlock looks about and shakes his head. "A dungeon exploration, is it? I wonder if there will be Drow around? They're not always friendly, but they have the most interesting scorpions."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Sepulcher Chamber

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 pm

It's normal elves I think more likely. Some mercenaries down here.

Je lands gracefully at the bottom, but whips out his spear when he sees the central statues of the pillars.

By the Path, if those are more golems I will be CROSS.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Sepulcher Chamber

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 am

The ninja whistles appreciatively. "To be honest, I wasn't expecting something this nice. Not at all. I'd expect something like this in a nice section of town, maybe some mausoleum or temple. Not underground, in the middle of the wilderness. This place could tell us some tales, I'm sure."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."