Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - Fight or Flyte

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Apologies for taking so long to reply here - I felt that Torwin would take issue with this distribution.
"Actually," replies Torwin to Ealdulf , "Imhar led a band of men who aided us, without whose help things would not have turned out well. I believe his share should be at least equal to ours. He has to distribute what has been given among his men and those of the Dunlendings who were attacked by the Troll."
I have 8 AP - I got one last one on the Song roll, I think...

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Ealdulf looks at Torwin. You would give more to the Dunlending? I thought I was already being generous. Why should we aid our enemies? Will it not be used against us?"
Anyone may try to persuade or convince him for a shot at another AP before the fellowship phase.

Noted, 8 AP for Torwin.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 pm

"Why not? They risked life and limb as much as we did," Istril says, coming to Torwin's aid. "I am sure they have faced as much hardship as your people during the winter and from the predations of that beast, and would this not be seen as a gesture of peace and understanding?"
I'll give Persuade a go.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Hereweald has been silent for a long time, he has been deep in thought, and on guard against treachery from Ulfur. When the debate on the treasure share comes up he shrugs, "It was our towns and people that were slaughtered, and it was in our lands we found and slew the beast. The reward we have is kingly, and so is what the Dunlendings have gotten. Yet, they too suffered and they too fought with us, more than our own people did. They are brave and Imhar has kept his word. What harm is there is giving them an equal share? The great songs of old begin with simple gestures of friendship."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:07 pm

"Very well," says Ealdulf. "The Dunlending shall receive an equal share of the treasure. He will be granted safe passage back to his lands." Looking hard at Imhar he continues, "If you betray my trust in this matter Dunlending, know that the King's vengeance will be brought to bear against you and your people. I prefer peace, and hope that your people will also work to keep peace between us."

With that, Imhar is dismissed. He bids your company farewell and thanks you for your help and support. He leaves and you are left alone with Ealdulf.

The Reeve bids you wait a while while he meets with Héastan in private. After a short time, the man emerges from the Reeve's private chamber looking somewhat chastened. Ealdulf dismisses him and then turns to your group.

"You have served your King faithfully, and for that I am appreciative. I would ask you for one more favor. Ulfúr is dead and you witnessed his death. His father is a proud man and will demand to know how his son died. If you would take a share of the treasure as weregild for his son's loss and explain to him how Ulfúr died, it would do much to assuage the mistrust sown by Héastan. I would have you leave in no more than 2 days from now. If you do this, I will recommend your presence at the King's Midsummer feast as guests of honor for your service to the Mark. What say you?
Istril: Persuade 2
GANDALF
Success Die: 6t,1
Totaling: 7 with 1 success
with 1 Auto Success

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:17 pm

"I would be glad to see this done;" replies Toriwn, "I have no desire to leave a potential blood feud unchecked. Where does his father live?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Nodding Hereweald agrees, "I will see it done, we have returned his sword to his brother, but a father should know of son's passing. It is not uncommon among our people for a father to bury a son, but the sting of it is still terrible." He takes his leave when given, and seeks out a bath, a meal and some ale in that order, hoping to meet up with the others later for a song and a drink.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 am

"I should like to come as well, if you will have me," Istril puts in. "I would see this adventure to its close."
With only 1 rank in Song and 0 in Craft, is there even any point to attempting a Heal Corruption check?

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:40 am

Not really, unless the TN is lower (like 10) for some reason.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Ealdulf nods when you agree to deliver the weregild. "Good, then make what preparations you need and return in 2 days time for instructions. And thank you again for your service to the King and our people.You have risked much and it will not be forgotten." With that, you are dismissed and free to roam throughout Edoras as you see fit.