Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - Fight or Flyte

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 pm

The events of the past days have stirred Torwin's blood; it took all his effort to be civil toward Ulfur, his brother, and his men. There were plenty of reasons to hate the Dunlendings, but not so blindly as they had.

Torwin found that he needed to get away for a while, and decided to make his way out of the city. He was not in a hurry; slowly leaving by the west gate and crossing the dyke he came to the Barrowfield. In the cold of February the simbelmynë did not usually grow, but as he passed beyond the western side of the mounds he saw that the snow had melted from that side, and there white flowers had pushed up through the hard earth and cold to greet the sun.

The scene made him think of his father, who had suffered many things, but to the end had not lost hope.
Undertaking: Honor the Kings of Old, pg 20 Horse-lords; can you do a Song (3) roll for me? I'll write more of the post once I know the result of the roll.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - Fellowship Phase

Post by Wbweather » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Torwin: Song 3
GANDALF
Success Die: 6t,6t,5
Totaling: 17 with 2 successes
with 1 Auto Success

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 am

Holy cow! I just removed 9 points of Shadow due to this Undertaking (well, I only had 2, but this would have certainly taken care of them). I will try to expand the post over the weekend, taking the result into account, as I'll be traveling Thurs/Fri...
The moment hits Torwin with inspiration, with eyes closed he begins low and quietly, singing a lay to remember his father, and all of the terrible things that happened to his family. The wind whispers over the long grass, but the sound harmonizes with his song, as though a woman's voice had joined. As the his voice grows stronger, so does the wind, and with it the sound of the woman's voice.

As the sun begins to peak through the gathered February clouds, Torwin opens his eyes and to his surprise, there stands Leora, a bit off to his side, singing. She too had come to honor to the Kings of old, and he was sure, her brother.
Removed Shadow from sheet. Going to save AP & XP for now.

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Theofred has been quiet for quite some time but now that he has retuned to Edoras he decides to spend some time among the Horse-Herds of the King. He rides into the plains the wind blowing through his hair and his horse's mane

Theofred rides his chestnut horse Arfeax in the plains of the Westemenet the riders enjoy songs during the night along with drink. In the two days of work Theofred catches and tame two wild horses to be added to the King's Stables.
I will add more once I know the result of the Athletics Test
Athletics 3
Last edited by Hamarr on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Théofred's Athletics roll, eligible for hope

Feat Die: 4*
Success Die: 6t,1,1
Totaling: 12 with 1 success

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:37 pm

I will spend a hope to meet the Horse Tamer option.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Done.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Okay, this adventure will wrap up here. Posting continues at Chapter 2: Dark of the Moon