Random Party Chatter

Here is the OOC forum for the Grey Company game.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Random Party Chatter

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:45 am

I'm waiting to see if our DM has some immediate nastiness or a flavor blurb for me before I respond. I would like to find out what Orianna's going to do now, though.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

I am glad I didn't have Taris voice my idea of going to the Temple of Vol. I only just recently skimmed over the part in Under the Glass where it mentions the believers in the Silver Flame hate the Vol religion with a fiery passion. I'll have to read through that again and pay attention.

To lend a hand to party heals, I'm eyeing the first two lvls in Paladin, with the Purifier archetype. For RP I'm thinking of visiting the Keep of the Silver Flame to pray and receive enlightenment.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 pm

Nice!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 pm

You have a Druid joining the group so he shoul dhave some minor healing too
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:13 am

Ok, yup I'm absolutely doing it. Being a victim of the Silver Flame's "win by any means necessary" mentality has pushed tank lady to seek out the temple. Totally going for Purifier. I'm already anticipating a Lay On Hands tactic for her...

I'll look at the treasure soon, but personally I would like for us to part with the Grey Maiden armor sets and let Orianna or the local Silver Flame church take them, they're clearly religiously significant. We might get a finder's fee if we give them to the church, and I think the church would have a problem with us for pawning them off. If the Grey Maidens felt like taking the armor themselves for sentimental or religious reasons, I would prefer giving it to them.

The rest of the armor and weapons that the Grey maidens didn't need or want, we can pawn directly to the Grey Tower.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:55 pm

I've got no objections there.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:57 pm

I'm gonna take Extra Lay on Hands for more heals. Aside from that one tactic I mentioned though, expect her to be a healer between fights. My first hex with the Merciful Hex feature will be Ward. I will need to remember that a witch uses the Intelligence modifier when she casts hexes, when/if I choose new hexes. Taris' Int is 10.

Any thoughts as to how to roleplay casting a hex, and how it manifests? Witch magic seems an odd feature for a paladin to be using if she hasn't taken a level in Witch...

Taris is shaping up more and more to be the non-grimdark, Pathfinder version of Merica :lol:

And I also forgot that she has a horse - silly me. I'll have to name it and give it some details.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 am

Eh, depends on how you want to roleplay what this magic is.
- "Hey, it's just weirder than normal Paladin magic. You haven't met every type of Paladin out there."
- "The path of the Paladin is my choice, but arcane magic runs through my bloodline. The power of all magics flows through my hands."
- If you want it to be inherently a corrupt source, you can go full Warhammer 40K on it. "I wield the power of darkness against itself, for the glory of the Light!" Like an Inquisitor that takes more risks of corruption than most.

Ideas like that.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:18 am

Hmm. Maybe she's blessed with the arcane power of the Serpent, channeled and purified (Purifier) through the wound of the prophet's blade? The two are supposedly forever locked together, Tira in the Flame with the Serpent, clenching the "killing" blow of the blade stuck in the Serpent, at the end of a battle which they say took place right where the Silver Flame burns eternally. That sounds like how she'd rationalize it.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:44 am

That sounds totally metal.