Star Wars: Episode III - The Astray

5 years after the Battle of Yavin. Having defeated the Empire at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance must now transform itself from a militant resistance force into a functioning galactic government. As Imperial territory is reclaimed, the New Republic suffers growing pains, having to fend off insurrections, Imperial loyalists, and wayward warlords. Also, Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, begins training apprentices, rebuilding the Jedi order.

Run by the Jedi Master Vardaen
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:17 pm

Mal curses as the targeting computer loses the lock as the ship takes evasive actions. Once Chakossa begins the actions, Mal knows they are going down. The former soldier runs to the gear locker and grabs his survival gear and all of his weapons.

Heading to the cockpit, Mal takes a seat at and begins a scan. "Scanning for crash site-I mean landing site."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:49 pm

The ship lands, its a rough landing but not terrible, some of you have seen worse. You shut down the ship's engines and power down the systems. Some of you gather your gear and open the rear ramp to stand witness to a blizzard of blinding snow and ice. Cover is everywhere, the storm you'd managed to land in the middle of is enough to cloak your landing sight, and Naomi gazes up into the storm and senses nothing.

It seems you may have evaded your hunter.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Once the ship lands, the human stands ready with his blaster rifle, pistol, and combat knife hidden under his all-weather cloak. "It's going to be chilly out here. Grab your cold-weather gear."

The former-soldier then brushes the side of his rifle and ensures his power pack is fully charged. "Let's get moving before we draw any more attention to ourselves."
3D survival + all temperature cloak :)

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:29 pm

Muzhy says, "Wait, let's not go rushing out. Our enemy won't be able to see where we landed, so we should have a little time--and we can't see where we're going. Let's see if we can use the ships sensors to give us a sense of the landscape. Or at least call up a map we can use."

He walks to the edge of the ship's ramp and peers out into the storm. "I'll try to see if I can tell if anyone--or anything--is out there." He closes his eyes and reaches out with his hand, using the Force to scan the area for living creatures, with sapients or animals.
Force Sense 2D+1: Life Detection

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:44 am

The Togruta woman pulls out her own cloak, swathing herself in its somewhat warm embrace as she checks the rest of her gear - and makes especially sure her hidden weapon is safe, but reachable. "Let me help," she adds as Muzhy reaches out with the Force.
Guess I'll also go with Life Detection at 2D. Got my own all-temp cloak and all that too. Always be prepared. :)

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Chakossa does a quick system check, then powers down the systems.
Can he assess the damage? Will the ship take off again, or do we need repairs or replacement parts?
Finally, he grabs his equipment (which is not a lot) and the black Wookiee also exits, ready to find the town.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Chakossa does a system check, you have time now it seems, so bringing up life support, sensors and diagnostics isn't going to hurt. THE wookie runs through the systems, the engine is blasted pretty badly, and you've lost a lot of fuel, and its still leaking. He shunts what fuel he can from the port tank to the starboard, but you are down a good amount at this point. He makes a list of parts you are going to need, its going to be expensive, and getting them way out here if this storm lasts is going to be a hell of a job. All in all, you look stranded, at least until you can find the parts, afford them, and transport them, and then do the repair work.
PMs sent.

Chak has a data slate with all the various repair parts and stuff you'll need. Feel free to go all technobable on it if you want, but its all on the slate so we don't have to try and remember.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Muzhy turns to Naomi. "I don't sense anything out there. Do you?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 pm

Mal lowers his macrobinoculars and slides them into a cargo pocket. "Perimeter secure. As far I can tell."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:29 am

"No, nothing," Naomi responds. "At least the storm hides us well, for now."