Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

As the political scene in Taldor explodes into chaos, heroes take on the mantle of agents, advocates, and saboteurs working for Princess Eutropia to help secure her claim to the Imperial throne and prevent the Empire from collapsing in on itself in civil war. Will they grow from relative nobodies to powerful politicians and spymasters in the deadliest political arena in the Inner Sea?

Run by the GM ManWithDoor
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Claw and Maw has Theodrix down on the ground, "Ahhhh ahahhha ahahahahhahahahha!" He is in not condition to fight on, he let's his hand axe fall to the ground using his sword as a sort of shield against the bird thing. He reaches for a potion in his gear, "I'm bleeding out! Ahahaa ahaha ahahah!" The cool headed swashbuckler type persona is totally gone as he's nearly dead!
Um. I want to get out a potion of CLW, if I can draw and drink it, go ahead, I'll take dmg but heal dmg as I drink it so worth it) then again it will likely get an AoO on me for doing so... wait till the last one maybe it will turn its focus on someone else ot be dead by then
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat May 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Determined to bring down the beast before it can claim the life of one of her newfound companions, Astraea calls upon the power of Ragathiel to empower her skill at arms as she deals another stroke.
Going to burn a use of Fervor to swift action cast Divine Favor on myself for a +2 bonus (including the +1 from Fate's Favored) to her weapon attack/damage rolls for 1 minute. Then I'll attack again with the bastard sword. I don't have Power Attack, unfortunately or I'd use it.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon May 18, 2020 2:40 pm

"Wait with the potion. I'll be right there." Bertram stays ready to fend off attacks as he moves slightly to touch Theodrix. "Cayden Cailean! Send some spirits into this man! Help him!"
5ft step towards Theodrix (if needed).
Cast on the Defensive: CLW on Theodrix.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 21, 2020 4:25 am

Theodrix staggers backwards, perhaps the first time in his life that he has been so close to death. His animal instincts kick in but he manages to keep most of his head, pulling out and quaffing a healing potion. Bertram likewise extends his hands and performs healing magic on Theodrix, together restoring him to fighting health.

Astraea invokes the name of Ragathiel, General of Vengeance, to smite her foe. She stands strong, cleaving deeply into the construct, severing more connective metal and digging into whatever mechanics and magics animate this thing. If the Griffon does not deal with her soon, there won't be anything left of it.

Aurelia and Mercutio ...
Theodrix: CLW Potion = 1d8+1 = 4 HP healed
Bertram: CLW Spell = 1d8+2 = 6 HP healed
- Theodrix HP = 10/15

Astraea: Cast Divine Favor. Attack = 19 to Hit, 9 Damage.

Griffon HP: -40
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 am

The enchantress looks a bit frustrated. This thing, whatever it is, doesn't seem to have a mind for her to affect! She can conjure up a ball of mud, but with all her allies surrounding the enemy, her chances of hitting are small. She can't even distract it with a carefully-calculate pose.

Pouting, the lass just raises her new crossbow, and fires! Then, she reloads.
Fire light crossbow. -4 for firing into melee makes the total bonus +0. Then, reload the light crossbow.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Mercutio doesn't much like the situation, but that thing must go down soon, right?
Maintaining inspire courage, pull out the sword and hit the thing, +3 attack, 1d8+1 damage with inspire courage me believes

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 26, 2020 12:55 am

Aurelia doesn't have the right magic to take on the Construct, so turns to more mundane means of harming the defective stuffed animal. A bolt thuds into its front paw, causing it to stumble in place.

Mercutio continues his inspirational performance, but also putting martial work into slaying their enemy at the same time. A man of many talents. His longsword unfortunately hits at an angle and shears off some hide rather than cleaving into it, but every bit helps.

The Griffon it being bitten on all sides by countless gnats, bits and pieces being taken off rather than one clear threat. But the Warpriest has proven herself the most deadly threat, so the beast turns to tear her apart as it did Theodrix. But it has taken far too much damage to be as deadly as it was just moments before. It manages to get a few teeth into her arm, but the imbedded bolt in its paw makes its swiping awkward, and it misses completely.
Aurelia: Attack with Crossbow: 13, Hit (on the dot!) for 5 Damage.
Mercutio: Attack with Longsword: 11, Miss. ...wait a sec, Bertram still has his Quarterstaff out, so adding Flanking = 13, Hit! 3 Damage.

Griffon: Bite: 21 Hit for 4 Damage. Claw: 11, Miss.

Astraea HP: 12/16
Theodrix HP: 10/15

Griffon HP: -48

Next Round! PCs go!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue May 26, 2020 7:44 pm

With Theodrix on his feet again, Bertram turns to the animal again. He raises his staff high and tries to end it with a strong overhead blow.
5ft step if needed to get close again, then Power Attack with quarterstaff

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 pm

How long would this thing go down, this was the nasty sort of fighting that the rest of the family didn't drone on about in their grand speeches. Probably hid behind their soldiers and claimed victory afterwards.
Maintaining inspire courage, hit it again, +3 attack, 1d8+1 damage with inspire courage.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed May 27, 2020 4:54 am

Astraea grunts at the pain, but is not dissuaded!
Attack again. Let's finish this beastie! :)