Chapter 3: Red Days Rising

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter 3: Red Days Rising

Post by Wbweather » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:11 am

"But have you seen the horsemen? Are they near? Perhaps they have followed you. We all have stories, I don't care to hear yours. Go back the way you came you drunken fool and spare us the hassle of killing you. If you have no news for us, then we have no use for you." The man turns and nods to the others in a sign that they have tarried too long and prepares to depart.

Meanwhile, Torwin finally sees familiar sights and knows that they are drawing near the place where he left his companions encamped. He takes a long look trying to find them, but sees nothing.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 pm

"I don't know where they are now," Torwin says to Lord Éogar as the company rides to the wood, "But they cannot be far. Perhaps we should hold a scout back, in case they go in a direction I didn't anticipate."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2020 3:34 pm

"Of course I know where they are! Why do you think...hic, why do you think I came here when I saw you. Those forgoils hate me as much as you do I guess. Outcast...always the damn outcast." He slumps back down against a tree, "You want to know where they are? When I ran away from them? Give me something more to drink and I'll, hic, tell you everything I know about them!" He gives a wide wide smile.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Tue May 05, 2020 2:07 pm

What are you going to test? Persuade?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 15, 2020 5:10 pm

If that's the closest to bluffing go ahead
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Fri May 15, 2020 5:39 pm

That or Riddle.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Tue May 26, 2020 3:08 am

“Enough of this foolishness. Kill the drunken imbecile and let’s move,” shouts the woman, who appear to have some authority herself, for at her word, three of the Dunlendings step forward with raised swords. The rest of the group grab the prisoner and disappear into the wood. The Man with whom Hereweald has been talking blinks in surprise for a moment and then nods consent to the men and follows the others into the trees. Hereweald is left with three enemies who seem quite eager to join their companions as quickly as possible.

While this is happening, Torwin finally arrives at the camp where he last saw his companions. The marshal and his group of riders look around trying to see any sign of the enemy. Istril just then steps into view, and signals the group to her. It takes a few minutes for her to relay what has happened in the time since Torwin left. She had given Hereweald time to deal with the Dunlendings, but when he hadn’t returned, she had grown anxious and was preparing to slip into the forest to see what was going on. Before she could do this though, she had seen the riders approaching and decided to wait, great full for a larger group to assist her.
Hereweald Riddle
Rolled:
Feat Die: 1*
Success Die:
Totaling: 1

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 27, 2020 7:20 pm

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!"

Hereweald screams loudly, hopefully loud enough for his companion to hear him. "NO DONT KILL ME!"

He draws his blade and shield and steps into the three men, there is no more for it, his weapon sweeps around in a defensive posture, doing what he can to hold off the three men at once until he can whittle them down or Istril arrives to aid him.
Defensive Stance, Attack
Shield out also

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed May 27, 2020 7:57 pm

"Show us the way, Istril. Where are they?" asks Torwin.

"Lord Eogar, allow me to recommend again that we surround them, there are not many, and get them to surrender. We must ensure your Lady is not hurt by a stray arrow or spear, and find out who these Dunlendings were sent by."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 am

"It certainly took you a while," Istril says to Torwin, urgency in her voice. "Come, he is this way," she added, pointing in what she thought was the correct direction.