Random Party Chatter

Here is the OOC forum for the Grey Company game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Random Party Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:56 am

Go for it! :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:48 am

The Charisma bonus would give Taris another daily Lay On Hands, and the boost to Initiative would improve her tanking tactics, basically getting out in front of the party and being a nuisance to enemies.Taking time to read the shards again to give succinct stat blurbs in my earlier post has reminded me of that. I was hesitant to hog shards, but I would benefit more and hopefully so would the rest of the party.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:03 pm

I just want to remind you you only get the highest bonus of any type. I don't know if that matters, haven't had time to check. You guys know what you are doing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:49 am

RorytheRomulan wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:48 am
The Charisma bonus would give Taris another daily Lay On Hands, and the boost to Initiative would improve her tanking tactics, basically getting out in front of the party and being a nuisance to enemies.Taking time to read the shards again to give succinct stat blurbs in my earlier post has reminded me of that. I was hesitant to hog shards, but I would benefit more and hopefully so would the rest of the party.
Go for it, I'll stick with the one Greed shard. All I'd gain from the charisma bonus is a +1 to damage.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:39 am

Got it. Most of my weapons give me a +1 attack anyway and I just bought a belt of +2 Strength, and I have Boots of Haste. You take Greed & Pride, I'll take Lust, and we can put this to rest. :lol:

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:42 pm

So I've read the bits about Detect Evil, and alignment & "evil & good" as defined by the church and mortals vs Outsiders and extraplanar entities & deities. I want to use Detect Evil to give Taris an RP moment for a wider awareness of her new powers and also make a mental note of passengers I meet later on whose alignment is known to me, whether Good or Evil.

But before I commit to that, is there any regulation or prohibition on using this kind of magic that I should be aware of? If someone can detect the use if this power, I might want to hold off on causing what could become a lengthy deviation involving a detainment.

Oh, and I have another question about the sheet. How do I apply Divine Grace to my save totals?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Divine Grace: On the Feat's tab. I got you covered

Alignment in Eberron is an interesting thing, and not as structured all the time as in other settings.

Its incredibly rude, and uncouth to just Detect magic on people wandering the streets, etc. I'm not sure there is a law against it. I think you could end up causing some social issues but not leagal ones.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:52 pm

Hmm. Considering that it takes a few seconds to concentrate on this power, it probably means Taris knows she can do it and has to commit to the action deliberately. She had good manners drilled into her and leaned toward politeness by dint of her Outsider nature, so she will NOT do that.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 25, 2021 3:18 pm

So my initial plan was to use the plummet and crash of the Golden Dragon as suitably dramatic end to the game. A 'into the wild blue yonder' sort of ending, big cliff hanger, do they survive, etc.

I'm going to pause it here and see. If I can muster up the time to keep my other games going and find time to do Eberron we may be able to continue. Would think we need a party of 4 if we restart just for ease of game play for a Pathfinder game.

Not sure on what everyone is feeling

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 25, 2021 4:48 pm

I like this character and the Game, so happy to continue if you want in the future.

I would also welcome a 4th player, but willing to continue with 3.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."