Chapter 3: Red Days Rising

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter 3: Red Days Rising

Post by Wbweather » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 am

Sorry BB, I did forget to post your roll. Above post edited. And Istril's attack edited too.
The spearman attacks Herewaeld once again, hoping to stop his attacker before he himself is bested. Unfortunately for him, his strength is spent and the spear tip is swatted away be Herewaeld's shield. The two axemen turn their attention toward Istril, for the moment forgetting the Rohirrim. The first hits her in the chest, a flash of pain searing down her ribcage. The second misses, cursing under his breath.
Spearman - spear 3
Rolled:
Feat Die: 8*
Success Die: 5,1,2
Totaling: 16
-----------------------------
Axeman 1 -Axe 2
Rolled:
Feat Die: 7*
Success Die: 4,3
Totaling: 14 hit for 5 end loss I show Istril as weary. Sheet updated for that and hope spent
-----------------------------
Axeman 2 - Axe 2
Rolled:
Feat Die: 4*
Success Die: 5,3
Totaling: 12 miss

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15 pm

Bill, apologies, just saw this post. My notifications have pretty much stopped working!
Also, Istril did spend Hope for the great success - I think you already edited the post, but I wasn't certain.
Torwin draws his sword and charges the Dunlendings with a loud cry, "For Rohan!"
Forward stance, attack Dunlending on Hereweald, use bonus battle die.
Invoke Ominous Blessing on an Eye. If a G is achieved the Horsetailed helm grants a bonus die, which I'll pass to him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:31 pm

I'm only slightly lost, my fault :)
Hereweald smiles, "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes!" He presses forward now, hoping to end it. He presses, shield and sword, hacking with more vigor and force, leaving himself open a bit but hopes to just end it now.
Let's Forward Stance, and cut down one of the nearly dead guys. Spend a Hope if it would finish someone off.

Also do a 'Roll with It" if I'm hit in return. I can't remember what that's called! Sorry. I need to get back into the swing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Knockback

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:21 am

Herewaeld - Sword
Rolled:
Feat Die: 6*
Success Die: 6t,4,4
Totaling: 20 with 1 success Hit - Enemy is down

Istril - Longsword
Rolled:
SAURON
Success Die: 5,4
Totaling: 9

Torwin - sword
Rolled:
Feat Die: 2*
Success Die: 6t,1,4
Totaling: 13 with 1 success - hit for 11 end loss - the second Dunlending falls
The tide now turns as Herewaeld dispatches the spearman and Torwin takes out one of the axemen. Istril swings and misses her target as the man turns and begins to run toward the trees on the far side of the clearing.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:27 pm

"Eh let him go, he might lead us to the others!" Hereweald slumps against a tree to catch his breath, "Go, I'll catch up. They went that way and had the lady with them."

He spends a few moment checking his wounds, hoping they aren't really that bad before he joins in the chase.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 pm

"After him," says Torwin, who thinks that catching the man would be valuable, if it helps the company maintain surprise with the remaining Dunlendings.
Running fast to try to keep him from escaping...

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:52 am

Istril follows behind Torwin, sparing only a glance and a few brief words for Hereweard. "I am glad you are still alive!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:39 pm

"Me Too!"

The Rohirrim hunter pushes off the tree after a breath and chases after everyone, sword and shield in hand.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Okay, so chasing down the dunlendings. I will make individual athletic rolls for the 3 of you to see if you can catch up with the escaping guy. If any of you succeed, then you can grab him and interrogate him. Otherwise he slips into the woods and we do a prolonged action to track them down. TN will be 18 as he knows these woods and you do not.
Torwin - Athletics
Rolled:
Feat Die: 5*
Success Die: 5,2,1
Totaling: 13

Herewaeld - Athletics
Rolled:
Feat Die: 5*
Success Die: 2,3,1
Totaling: 11

Istril - Athletics
Rolled:
Feat Die: 8*
Success Die: 5,5
Totaling: 18
Your company has no time to pause and rest ans the last of the remaining Dunlendings dashes off into the wood. He knows the trees well and quickly vanishes. Torwin and Herewaeld race off in different directions trying to find him befor he is lost. It is Istril though who sees the gimmer of steel off in the distance and with remarkable agility and speed, catches up to the man and tackles him to the ground, her dagger pressed against his throat in case he chooses to struggle. The man gives up and lays down his weapons.