Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 pm

After helping the child down, Xander hears about checking the child for any potential hazards or anything. The musician snapped his fingers, jumping up to his feet, "I got a med kit in my bathroom cupboard if anyone needs it."

Xander made his way into his washroom, opening the mirror and pulling out the small pack with the big red plus on it. After closing the mirror, he looks into it. He lifts up the helmet to let his mouth free, letting out a few pants, "Geez... it was just supposed to be a gig..."

After gathering himself back up, he walked out into his living room where the others were, holding up the pack, "Who needs it, first come first serve."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Suddenly the lights in the building start flickering on and off, the kid starts screaming like a banshee and bending at awkward angles, his body shaking violently as foam drools out of his mouth. Robert and Tojiro recognizing that the kid is having a seizure put him on his side, the screaming continues through his foamy lips. The tv in the room turns on by itself, the screen fills out with code moving too fast to be able to comprehend. Through cramping limbs the kid reaches his hand towards the wall, more specifically towards the data port on it. The tv suddenly blinks out as the kid lets out a horrifying scream even louder than before. The cyberware over his eyes turn on a blinding light filling them as a wave of energy releases from it seizing up every implant and electronic in the apartment.

The lights go off, cyberware arms lock up, cyber spines go limp, enhanced vocal cords shut down, as the kid's screaming stops, and he goes back into unconsciousness.
I will give a more complete list of the damage once I can log into roll20, I currently can't while at work.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm

Tojiro lets out another colorful stream of multilingual obscenities, ending in "I said BEFORE a fatal freakout, you ungrateful little shit!" A wisp of magic some from electronics that existed as functioning parts in his shoulder curl up from his collar. A moment of concentration before another stream of invectives, "Damned arm is off line, any damage on you guys?"
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:10 pm

A low beep comes from Lia's SMG "Fuck, smartgun's down at least," then a groan as she begins moving, "No, it's worse"
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:17 am

Robert grunts as a small block of circuitry implanted within his body is fried by whatever madness has just been released. "Ow ow ow ow ow!" He grips his side, where his vehicle link is located. Seeing the consequences going around, he seems to have lucked out in the catastrophe department. He can't plug into the van anymore, but all his limbs are working. "What the hell, ouch, happened? Did that come from the kid? Or he was just reacting like we were to something else, but it was way worse for him?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Tojiro grunts, "Well, I can patch up external chrome in a pinch, but it's easier with both hands. Someone wanna help me with my shirt? Got to get my shoulder panel open." He looks to Lia, "That sounds pretty bad, though..."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:35 pm

Lia seems dizzy, putting her hand to her head as she rises, "Yeah, yeah, I'll get your shirt off, how much do you like it?" She sways slightly as she steps toward Tejiro, her small knife appearing in her hand.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:17 am

Behind his mask Xamder's nostrils flare, his breathing speeds up as his system is flooded by adrenaline, he heart pounds loudly inside his chest, without Xander punches through the tv screen, and tries to scream, his busted voice box only manages to produce a shrill noise as tue words are lost somewhere between his brain and throat, angrily Xander starts throwing stuff as his system continues being chemically flooded. He kicks the coffee table shattering the glass into a million pieces, rage consumes his as he runs low on things to destroy Xander looks at the ailing Tojiro amd squares up.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by BaoAlex357 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Tojiro narrows his eyes, his Cool running real thin during the night of endless hells. He stands cautiously, his good arm raised placatingly and defensively.

"Look at me, Xan. I'm your buddy, I keep your gear going so you can rock the crowd.

Looks like some of your systems are freaking out, just try to breath, neh? Have a drink and a couple downers to settle the system? We're your crew, no one wants trouble here. Ok, boss?"

Tojiro's posture is low, partially to appear less threatening, but mostly to keep his center of gravity lower than the prowling Rocker, eyes darting for something less harmful to counter-throw Xander onto.
6 dice + 7 dex + 5 skill + 3 Throw - 2 arm = 19

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by Graven » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:30 am

Seeing Tojiro is the target, Lia slips the knife away again, keeping quiet but ready to jump in if needed. No need to confuse Xander with too many voices.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale