Book 3: Chapter 1 - Strait to It

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

House Lyrandar Air Ship: Cloud's Destiny

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:48 pm

You make your way to the observation deck as a group as the airship pulls away from the docking ramp. The great center ring of fire then bursts into a magical flame of power. Its clearly contained but also blasting great power, as if some dampening field keeps the elemental trapped within from simply burning the ship. The air ship is clear of the dock, sailors moving here and there to deal with lines and secondary systems. As you make it clear, the ring powered up, the whole ship starts to glide through the air flying north in a soft sway similar to the sea, but caught up on air currents here and there.

You see others on the observation deck, the halflings chit chatting, nobles watching the city vanish behind you. In less than an hour the city of Stormreach will vanish on the horizon and there will be nothing but blue sky and green sea for you to witness.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:22 am

Taris watches in awe as the fire fwooshes along the unseen path in the shape of a ring. Given her chosen attire, she avoids the sharply dressed rich bloods, and decides to inquire about the ownership of the saurian beasts and their region of origin, and times her approach to the halflings with a gap in their conversation.

"Excuse me," she says, "I was just curious about the lizards you hauled onboard earlier. I've never seen anything like them. Are they native to Xen'drik, or Khorvaire?"
To the players OOC, what kind do the dinosaurs look like?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:05 am

Zeevan takes her sweet time on the Observation Deck enjoying the techno-magical show, lingering longer than most until the City is far off in the distance. As she lets the emotion of the spectacle go, she turns back to the rest of the crowd gathered here chit-chatting, trying to figure out what to do next. The group has been in fighting mode ever since they started the journey to the Lady's Light in the first place. There was no relaxing on the road. Being in transit without the need for constant vigilance is ... strange. Not unwelcome, but so unusual that it is somewhat unsettling.

The ninja, for all her sneaky tactics and fighting style, actually does truly enjoy socialization. Feeling a part of a community, interacting with others, building relationships and bonds. A just world would not need someone like her on a battlefield, for it would be safe and sane. For at least one flight, she can pretend that the troubles of the world don't exist, and she can just enjoy herself. So she likewise goes looking for someone chatty to talk to. The halflings seem chatty, so she tries them first.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:02 pm

They are velceraptors

Google Eberron Halfing Dino Riders
The diminutive men smile up at Taris, "Hello, oh these ones are native to Xen'drik, we finished a hunt and are transporting them home to Khorvaire. New breeding stock. There are some native to Khorvaire, but there are so many varieties in Xen'drik its a buffet of choices." He curls his fingers into a fist and holds it out before him in greeting (fist bump style), "I am Alrak Fanghunter, of the Toothcracker Tribe, please to meet you. There are my companions, Garlin and Barlin, my cousins."

Zeevan joins Taris just as introductions are being made.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:04 am

Taris looks at the gesture in confusion, but doesn't allow it to linger awkwardly. She takes it as a tribal handshake and matches it, bumping Alrak's knuckles with her own. She nods to the table. "Likewise. Taris Mertien, of Flamekeep. Oh, and this is Zeevan."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:37 am

After securing Summer Blossom in her room, Ceridwen returns to the others. She still carries her weapons, but a sling is easily concealed and a staff is but a prop for walking. "Ceridwen," she says by way of introduction as she steps into place beside the others.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Garlin replies to Taris, "Flamekeep? Long way from home Thanite." There is a hint of dislike in the halflings voice, but the others give him a look.

As Ceridwen arrives Alrak smiles back, "You are one with the great tiger aren't you? Saw her come on board, fine beast, does it let you ride it? Would enjoy riding such a majestic creature."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:06 am

Zeevan pipes up at this point. "Indeed it is her companion! A majestic beast, to be sure. And I've only seen it eye my liver twice." He winks at Ceridwen. "And I've never had the pleasure of meeting anyone from the Toothcracker Tribe, although I have to admit I've traveled little in halfling lands."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Taris doesn't pay much heed to Garlin's tone. Some folks must blame the church of Thrane for, well, the end to Cyre as we know it.

Surely the breeding stock will have to be transported into the heartland of nomad territory. She plays the tourist card. "Nor me. I wonder if we'll get to see more when we're in the Talenta Plains. Are you heading that way after the flight?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:20 am

Ceridwen nods once at the question, and then raises a curious eye at Zeevan. "Summer Blossom is my friend; she has done me this service, yes. But I am a druid and can take the shape of anything necessary for swift travel should the need arise."