Scroll One: Kyōen no Torekkā

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

The Great Wave: Receding Water

Post by Sasori » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:03 am

Kanko-Cho carefully takes a look at his hands, cleaning them from splinters, chips and the like.
While cleaning the wound she tries to asses if a prayer to the kami of water is necessary or if her medical skills are suffient for helping the hands to heal.
Medicine 4k3
and if necessary the prayer
Path to inner Peace
4k3
One may notice that, Kanko-Cho blushed, at the ronins request, but as soon as she started taking care of the wounds her shaking stopped and the red in her cheeks receeded. As soon as she is finished, the young woman blushes again, retreating shyly.
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Long is the morning, longer still are those last hours where it seems safe to come down from your perches but it really isn't. You see others have climbed down prematurely thinking it safe, while you have not from wise words of one of your companions.

You are exhausted, no sleep, and you are cold and wet and hungry and thirsty, and that is when you hear the cry. It is audible from all your various places. "Help.... help us!"

There!

You spot them, a half sinking table, atop it, as the water pulls them east out to sea is Daidoji Kishiko and Doji Aiko! It seems the pair some how managed to survive the inital wave and were swept westwards in the night and now are being pulled back through the center of town. Both look bedraggled, tired cold, and then as the cries are hard Aiko slips from the table and falls into the water. You then see the true danger of the current as she's pulled under almost at once and is separated from Kishiko and the 'raft'.

You have only moments to save them, for you realize looking east, that the town is built on a cliff, and much of the water that is heading back to the ocean is like a waterfall off the sides!
Reminder: Daidoji Kishiko – Iuchi Jun’s cousin, and assistant to Daidoji Juro.

Doji Aiko - Crane courtier. She is the mother of Doji Kyousuke and sister to Otomo Okane. Born an Otome she married into the Crane and took their name.[/roll]
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:23 am

The moment seems to stretch into infinite slowness, seeing his Mother floating towards her impending doom on a makeshift raft, and then that danger somehow escalating by her slipping into the water and being pulled under. "I am going after my mother, even if I die in the attempt. If anyone would aid me in this likely lethal rescue mission I would appreciate your valiance forevermore, even through the Karmic Cycle. Regardless, it has been an honor knowing you all."

He strips off any extraneous clothing that would weigh him down, preparing to jump in after her.
If they're floating past near us, perhaps trying the "throw them a rope" idea could be used. If they're too far for that, I will definitely Swim to effect a rescue. Will be happy to spend Void Points for any skill checks related to the rescue.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Part of Ryoko knows she should stay on the roof in order to fulfill her mission--but she can't simply let Kyousuke risk his life without help. She stands and begins stripping off her outer robes. "Never let it be said that one of the Daidoji Iron Scouts feared the perils of the wild. I will aid you--we're all more likely to come out alive that way."
Athletics 5k3

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Shongen is separated from the others, in his own little tree, when he sees these events unfold. He notices the first rush to action is directed at the older Crane woman who is in the most peril and has slipped beneath the water. He will focus his efforts on reaching and helping the younger Crane woman who is still on the makeshift raft.

Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:31 am

The young Asahina notices how the Crab Samurai begins to make his way down to help the two Crane Samurai drifting to their doom.
Kanko-Cho begins to pray to the kami of water once more. Although something might seem a little different this time.
Before she seemed to plead and beg to kami for something, while this time it is more like gently asking them to do something which they once agreed upon doing. The Shugenja prays and reaches out her arms in the direction of Hiruma Shonogen.
Ebbing Strength

3k2 vs TN10

If successful my Strength will be reduced by 1 and Shonogens will be raised by 1.
I'd use my free raise for +5 range if necessary, since the range is 20'. If expanding range is not needed I'd use it for making it last 4 rounds instead of 3.
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 am

After he finishes stripping his burdensome clothing, he smiles warmly at his fellow Crane. "No one honourable would ever say that the Iron Scouts lack in bravery or loyalty. And while a Kakita, you honour the legacy of the Defenders of the Doji as though you were Doji Hayaku reborn." He makes his final preparations to dive in after his mother. "May the Fortunes watch us this day, and bless us with their favor."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Drawing a scroll, Jun halts Kyosuke, "A moment, I can call on the Earth to fortify your endurance." If given permission, he begins to recite from the scroll, a prayer of fortification that the kami might understand.
Casts Stone's Endurance: 5k3, TN 10
Treat Stamina as +1, Immune to Fatigue for 6 hours, Fatigued until rests for 3 hours after it ends
He'd cast it twice if Ryoko also wanted it, then I'm out of Earth slots
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 pm

Ryoko says, "Any aid the kami will lend us will be most welcome. These floodwaters are not to be taken lightly."
I'll happily have the spell cast on me.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 am

"Jun-san, it would be a treasured gift for a priest of the kami to bless us in our endeavors."
Definitely!