Chapter 2B: Day Zero

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:21 am

"I'm sorry, AZI-3. He must have been a good guy." Uri bends down to look under the speeder and feels something shift on his robes. He pats himself down and finds something attached to them. "Found it. Hold on. Let's just leave it out there. Open up the ramp again."
Let's leave tracker outside on the sand to stall the hunter.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:44 pm

"I am Jedi Knight Janos Tyree," Janos answers Uri. "I am sorry for the loss of your master. I felt mine perish as well a short time ago."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:35 am

As the ship lifts off, Uri crushes the tracker. It was too late to throw it out on the sand.

Uri pauses and nods in thanks. "Master Drash Caitken. He told me he got permission for us to use the temple on Coruscant, so I could take the trials. The next time I saw him..." he trails off. "The one who killed him was an Arkanian. Thraka Barzane. He sabotaged our base on the planet just before our own soldiers turned on us. His Master, Lorraf, bought us time to escape. I managed to get away with Drash's lightsaber and some of his things."

Uri looks for a spot to place the satchel and empties it, displaying the contents for Janos: two black boxes, some handwritten journals, and Drash's lightsaber.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:44 pm

AZI-3 looks at the two young men and asks, "Are you the last Jedi remaining?"

As the men stand there, AZI-3 hovers closer to Uri. Holding his finger up, a needle projects out from it. With a swift action, the droid stabs the young Arkanian in the buttocks with its needle injecting stimulants and healing fluids into the young man's body.
Janos W 12/12
Jano S 11/13
Uri W 13/13
Uri S 7/13

Speeder 2 HT = 9 wounds remaining

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:56 pm

"Ow!" Uri massages his butt. "Hey, warn me before you do that! I don't know. Take a look at my Master's things if you want. I think he'd want you to. I'm gonna fix my ride."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:20 am

"Keep the lightsaber," Janos tells Uri. "You're going to need it. Your master's belongings are for you to go through. He may have left a message for you or something. I'm going to the cockpit to see if Wile needs any help. When I landed, there was a space battle going on, and it looked like the Separatists were winning." With that, the Jedi Knight heads to check on Wile.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Uri looks between his speeder and his master's things. He shrugs and walks back over to them. He takes Drash's lightsaber and hides it under his robes, and picks up one of the handwritten journals. "Fine. Alright, Master - Let's see if you have anything to tell me."

The boy reads the last entries in each of the journals, and then opens the boxes. (unless the journals indicate a wish to keep them closed/sealed)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:00 pm

As Janos enters the cockpit, Wile says, "Where are we going?"

Turning around to face Janos, the Rodian continues. "I got a message from a friend. Sounds like he needs a pick up with an extra passenger. He's a good guy-a bit headstrong. I'm not sure how the Jedi or Force works, but he was a Republic Jedi and then a Separatist Jedi and I don't know what he is now. He probably doesn't even know what he is. He's also so deep in the jungle on his 'meditation retreat', that he has no idea what's happened. We've been friends since younglings when the Jedi rescued us from Zygerrian slavers. He's how I got this job."

Wile turns to look through the forward viewpoint. "Speaking of that... If there's no Jedi any more, that means I'm probably not going to get paid. That also means someone will need to cover the maintenance and fuel of the ship."

Holding up his finger, "One more thing. While you were out joy-riding on the speeder, I picked up some chatter about a high value prisoner being moved from a Republic base down on Boonta to an Imperial prison."
* * * * The last few pages of one journal detail tactical and strategic maneuvers of the recent battles. It includes his decisions, regrets, and ideas for possible future strategies. The last entry in the other journal speaks of the Jedi Knight ceremony held for Thraka. Quickly flipping through the two journals, Uri discovers that one was General Caitken's warfare journal with strategies and tactics and the other journal was more of a daily or personal journal.

Inside each of the two black boxes, Uri finds a holocron. The information-storage devices were used by the Jedi to store ancient lessons or valuable information in holographic form. These devices are palm-sized, glowing six-sided cubes of crystalline material and hardware.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:47 am

Janos' eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "A Jedi who joined the Separatists? Intriguing to say the least. My instincts tell me to go to ground until we get a chance to take stock of the situation in the galaxy, but...if you trust your feelings, we can help."

The Jedi shrugs his shoulders wearily, the day's exertions making him wish to sleep or meditate. "I don't think we dare go back to Coruscant given what we saw on the holonet. We'll have to come up with a way to cover your services and the cost of maintaining the ship. I'm pretty handy with a hydrospanner, at least. For now, tell me more about this prisoner."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Wile shrugs saying, "He's a good guy. I feel he follows his heart more than his head, which often leads him off track. He left the Separatists several months ago and needed a lift to meditate all alone and by himself. I just don't get that--being alone in the middle of nowhere. We've done a few jobs together along with his master, back before the War."

Speaking of the prisoner, Wile replies, "There was a lot of comm chatter when I broke atmosphere. Sounded like the Republic.... I mean Empire? It's Empire now, right? ... captured someone at some base. The combat above the planet is now over with the Separatists fleeing, but I think there's still a large ground force of droids attacking the base. I saw some signs of that battle on the horizon when I landed. They mentioned using ray shields to hold the prisoner, so that means whoever it is, simple bindings wouldn't hold them. I also don't think it's a droid either, since I'm not sure why they'd take droid prisoners or wouldn't just pull the power cells of it."