:D

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

OOC Chatter

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:37 pm

Gorrick doesn't want to injure Bardolph but I'm having trouble thinking of non-combat options. Given that Bardolph is Hostile, I can't use my skills to sooth him.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:41 am

Wisdom Check (DC ?) = 18, Pass. While Bears are fast they aren't great at cornering and such. Running away, primarily by dodging around things rather than sprinting in a line, can buy you time to either have the bear come to its senses, or for other assistance to arrive.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

OOC Chatter

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:56 pm

Thanks.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

OOC Chatter

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Apologies for the delay, been busy training with new job and setting up Coriolis game... I'll try to post for Leclerc by tomorrow at the latest.

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:10 pm

No worries. Good luck with the new job. Changed jobs myself last fall, so I definitely sympathize on the on-boarding process trying to get up to speed
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:31 pm

Answering Muskrat's Question - you could definitely wend your way through the crowd with your bear tagging along, but it would be attention-grabbing (both to the troublemakers and the crowd trying to watch the show).

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:48 pm

@Muskrat - Normally since you have an Animal Companion, directing him doesn't require a roll. However, this is rather unusual, so you'll need to make a Nature check (the DC will be reasonable), to try to get Ozo to understand. However, you'll need to declare before the Roll whether or not if you fail it, Ozo will attack anyways.

So if you succeed he'll attack non-lethally, but tell me ahead of time if you fail whether Ozo will attack lethally or not attack at all.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

OOC Chatter

Post by Muskrat » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:39 pm

I don't want a blood bath, so if he fails the roll, he won't attack at all.

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:25 pm

Nature Check passed! (Math in IC Thread) Ozo can attack Non-Lethally

------

So now we're in your first real Combat.

For those unfamiliar with PF 2E, instead of the Standard Action / Move Action mechanics of PF 1E, instead you get 3 Actions every Round, that can be used for any valid reason. I recommend studying Pages 470-473 of the PF 2E Core Rulebook.

For the purposes of Movement this time, it's somewhat irrelevant are you're in the Stands with your assailants. But you could try to move for Flanking (-2 AC to enemy).
- Note that Attacks of Opportunity work the same way as in PF 1E (moving through / out of threatened space), BUT not everyone can actually perform an AOO. Fighters get it at Level 1 (no one else does, at least not until later in their progression).
- 5' Steps are now the 'Step' Action (uses 1 Action), so you could theoretically spend your entire turn making 3 Steps Actions if you wanted to.
- Move is now 'Stride', and works the same as 1E.

Multiple Attacks are now available to everyone, rather than having to Level Up to get your Extra Attacks. They are now renamed to be 'Strikes'. So your 1st Strike is at Full, 2nd at -5 (-4 if Agile weapon), and 3rd at -10 (-8 if Agile weapon). That's it. You could Strike 3 times in your Round. Or Strike/Step/Strike. Or any other combination, your choice.

------

'Command An Animal' is a Nature-based Skill Check, and normally gives a 1:1 Action economy. So you use 1 Action to Command your Horse to Stride, and it will Stride for 1 Action. Or spend 3 Actions to Command it to Stride/Strike/Strike, or whatever.

HOWEVER, for Animal Companions they have the 'Minion' Trait, so instead it is a 1:2 Action economy. :D
- Minion (Trait): Minions are creatures that directly serve another creature. A creature with this trait can use ONLY 2 Actions per turn and can't use reactions. Your Minion acts on your turn in combat, once per turn, when you spend an Action to issue it commands. For an Animal Companion, you 'Command an Animal'; a for a Minion that's a spell or magic item effect, link a summoned Minion, you 'Sustain a Spell' or 'Sustain an Activation'; if not otherwise specified, you issue a verbal command, a single Action with the auditory and concentrate Traits. If given no commands, Minions use no Actions except to defend themselves or escape obvious harm. If left unattended for long enough, typically 1 minute, mindless Minions usually don't act, animals follow their instincts, and sapient Minions act how they please.

------

So, start of Combat, declare your Actions!