OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:00 am

I'm just going to simplify Act I further by making each Event also 1 Social Round (unless it really warrants something else). So rather than repeating 3 times that you hit on the Count, or something, you can just say you're doing that for this Event, and then reconsider when the next one happens along.

So for the remainder of the Tournament section:
- RorytheRomulan = Influence Lady Voinum (knowing her weakness for history)
- Bohemond = Use Sense Motive to find better Influence Skills for future attempts
- Zorbeltuss = ???
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:37 pm

I did that to try and help Bohemond and then return my focus on the competition. I mainly wanna knock Bartelby opponents on their asses, but getting matched vs Okerra would be a character highlight for Emilia.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:10 am

ManWithDoor wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:01 am
@RorytheRomulan - You'll level up after this Act, and I am open to reasonable rebuilds at any time anyways. If something really isn't working out how you thought it would, I'd rather we fix that sooner, rather than you having to suffer through for an extended period.
Coming back to this, I'd like to move a few ranks from skills I haven't used at all, to Sense Motive, if that offer to rebuild is still open. Might also swap a trait to turn that into a class skill.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:01 am

I'm fine with both of those. Go for it.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:42 pm

Read MWD's post and started to debate if it would be better to just let him die. Then came the other post, almost disappointed, almost.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:26 am

She's all instinct. Whether she makes it or not, it'll be a great scene!

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:00 pm

Who to cozy up to next? Or I wonder, who might be Bartleby's biggest potential rivals in the local game of thrones?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:18 pm

I mean, you all are supposed to be the ones toppling him. Lol. But besides that, you haven't found any clear rivals. Just support networks to move to support you.

Baron Nikolaus Okerra is powerful, but he is also extremely lawful and would be disapproving of any disruption to the established leadership without extremely good cause. You don't know much about Dame Parthena Crabbe's interests beyond marrying off her daughter, so she does have money but you don't know how much political interest or clout. Legate Voinum is a soldier, not a politician. And Tribune Piscum is too busy trying to keep the peace to try to rise above her station.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:23 pm

I think if we can find/fabricate some wrongdoing on the part of Bartleby, we might be able to get the Baron and the Legate to help us. We know the guy has clear disdain for the commoners. If we can find proof that he's abusing his power of them, We could make a legitimate case for his removal.

Also, Baron Okerra is friendly towards us. Is there another level of ally we can increase this to? I'm going to gather what info I can on this merchant earl, so we can bankroll the takeover if need be. I'd try to butter up Bartleby, but I think as a commoner and a foreigner, my knowledge bonus might be more than negated.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:10 pm

We were told to just show up and start making friends until we hear back from the princess, but the attempt on Lord Bartleby's life shook things up. I've already used up my action, but on Day 2, following up on the attempted assassination and investigating may help us get the answers we're looking for. Thinking on it more, we're lucky to have taken part in thwarting the murder and even preventing it (even luckier that my girl tanked the poison). If we hadn't, the adventure might have put us on the backfoot and taken a turn. Being on Bartleby's good side could be used to get his permission to get involved officially. I think that would be the most appealing way of getting dirt on Bartleby, for a Lawful character. On the other hand, a non-Lawful could just start snooping.