Book 2: Chapter 2 - The Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

The Grey Tower: Down Time

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 am

"Oh, I'm sorry. You say 'the Wild' took you in? What does that mean?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:43 pm

A waiter comes over, a small green haired gome, he takes your order of food and drink and returns with it about ten minutes later. He doesn't ask for payment, "Grey Company member's are always free here," he comments when you try and pay.

Others mingle in and out of the tavern, you can see some are common folk, some are clearly adventurer types. You get a rowdy group in the corner, laughing and joking with one another. All in all the place is comfortable, everyone is on the same team here, its a brotherhood that seems to keep the peace and make you feel right at home. It may be a nice change for some.

You spend the evening talking, playing darts, drinking, you don't get called to Imric's chamber for another three days. It gives you time to make use of the tower's facilities, they have a nice dojo room, a quartermaster who can handle buying and selling of all your loot, a forge to make repairs on -- Captain Val'trith the man in charge of the whole place is an Artificer and Dragonmarked Heir and so the forge in the Grey Company is of nice quality.

You have time to venture into the city to deal with the Grey Maiden's items you have, a porter and guide help you traverse Stormreach. Eventually, days later you are called up to Imric's office, it seems the next step in your quest is at hand.
So I'm going to leave this thread open, keep RPing as you like with one another. Use the OOC for item sales and buys and such, I'll start a new thread with the next chapter this week I hope. You can level up now also.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:33 pm

"The Wild is that which exists outside the bonds of civilization," Ceridwen answers placidly. "From an early age I knew I was a daughter of Arawai, the Sovereign of Life and Love. As a maiden, I grew to love the aspect of Arawai that is concerned with the growing of crops in the fields and safe births for mothers. After I was reborn from the ashes of my parents' farmstead, I was taken in by the wilder aspect of the goddess, Rowa of the Jungle Leaves. I now walk the border of civilization and the wilderness pushing back against either when one would grow too strong."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Zeevan is a calm and affable conversationalist, and is genuinely interested in getting to know this newcomer. His values are different, as he values a lawful and orderly society, one that has the power to enforce the protection of its citizens, and give them the reliability they need to grow and develop. He certainly deeply respects and values the wilderness, but does not prioritizing maintaining some sort of perceived balance between the two.
Sooooo ... realized today that I had never leveled up to Level 7, so just went from 6 to 8. Got a nice power jump! Class Feature of Skirmisher means not only on Charges do I Sneak Attack, if I even just move 10' or more in that turn, I also Sneak Attack. :D Best part is my Ninja Talent, Acceleration of Form: A ninja with this trick can spend 1 ki point as a standard action to gain the benefits of displacement and haste for 1 round per 2 ninja levels.

So with my Ki Points I can turn Invisible(swift), mirror image (standard) or activate a multi-turn Displacement/Haste (standard). Life is good (and terrible for our enemies)!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:47 am

"Hm, that sounds like the druid circles back in Khorvaire. I'm Thranish myself, born and raised. At any rate, if you're here about some shards, then you've come to the right place."

Taris heads off the religious talk before too long. She's done enough drinking, but she'll stick around and play darts, and rather than hang out at the pub all night, she leaves to visit the Keep of the Silver Flame and pray...
Taris prays at the local church of the Silver Flame daily and gains 2 lvls in paladin (I will improve her stats soon).

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and try to pick this back up, that felt too abrupt. My bad, frankly. And we might as well, since we've got a greater lull ahead of us.
-
Taris ponders how to continue and takes a drink, occasionally glancing over at Summer. "So what have you done in the past to keep nature, or civilization, in check? And what work do the 'people upstairs' have you do?"