Chapter 3: Red Days Rising

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter 3: Red Days Rising

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Hereweald hurries back once he's close. "Come, they have her, there are half a dozen wild Dunlendings in camp, men and women." He motions back the way he came. "They have the lady bound and hooded on the ground, prisoner, but for how long I have no idea. We should go at once and save her!"

If the others agree he leads them back to the camp, pointing out sticks to avoid stepping on.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 pm

"Can the three of us defeat six of them, if it comes to a fight?"

Torwin continues, "But more important than our lives, if they feel threatened, what of the safety of Lady Esfled? We cannot guarantee this if a fight breaks out; though they may intend to not harm her, a stray arrow, if anything happened to her, even were we to defeat these Dunlendings, we would be tried as prisoners before the Marshal. For now, it seems the Lady is unharmed, we know where she is, and can follow. Better to wait and alert the Marshal, or see if there is a chance to steal her away, or even to take that Dunlending witch, that we might arrange an exchange of prisoners."
Torwin is calling the female Dunlending a witch - not because he knows anything (nor I as a player), but because he still can't explain the sudden mists which enabled them to sneak in and take the lady and disappear again. So he's gone to the most ready explanation a Man of Harrowdale would have - that of the presence of a witch.

Othniel
Level 11
Level 11
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 am

"I agree with Torwin," Istril nods to Torwin. "The chance is too great that the Lady might be slain, either on purpose or inadvertently. I too believe we should follow and try to come up with a better plan. Perhaps we might lure two or three away from their camp and deal with them. This would even the odds for an attempt at rescue."