A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9565
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Merisiel nods to herself. Carver's line is as good as any. Mentally, she prepares to attack the man if necessary. Out loud, she helps Carver out by saying, "Don't know why the need the lot of us, but people higher up are getting nervous."
Aid Another or whatever it's become in PF2.

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10045
Location: Austria
Title: Magister
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:00 pm

The man is startled and puts his hand on his sword grip. He takes a moment to digest what Carver says. Then he grins. "You got any credentials? Never seen you round here before."

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9565
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Merisiel thinks the guard probably isn't buying it, but that it's still worth trying. Even if he doesn't trust them, but maybe they get him to let something slip.

"Oh, come on," she says, "who else would know about this?"

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10045
Location: Austria
Title: Magister
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Grimbold » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:55 pm

The man looks you over. "Oh well, come in." He knocks on the door loudly, and it opens, revealing two more men, scruffy-looking thugs. "We've got visitors..." he winks at them "from the bath house." The other men are surprised and grab their weapons (axe and mace) and look at you grimly.

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9565
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:08 pm

"Oh, well, it was worth a try," says Merisiel, drawing her rapier. "Now then, I don't know that you'll listen to this either, but I recommend you surrender to us while you can. We took out a horde of zombies--and you've ruined the relaxing vacation we were taking. You really don't want to mess with us." As she says this, she gestures menacingly with her rapier.
Intimidation +2
Ideally, Coerce, but if that's not possible, Demoralize

User avatar
ManWithDoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8046
Location: California, USA
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:28 am

Fumbus draws his dogslicer just in case it ends up being useful, the form of the blade being rather strange and off-putting. His main hand draws out one of his potions, which he casually tosses into the air and catches again. "Wanting to tangle with an alchemist, eh? What shall you get for your troubles, eh? Fire? Acid? Lightning? So many choices."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

User avatar
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Posts: 65962
Location: Miskatonic University
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:13 pm

Carver thought it was going alright, "They sent... then the blades come out, he draws his own cleaver." He points it at the men, adding to the intimidation factor. "You ever heard of the Butcher? That's me, drop'em and you live, put up a fight and you'll only wish you were dead!"
Aid another in Intimidation.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10045
Location: Austria
Title: Magister
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Bear with me, I'm a bit slow right now, busy from work and at home, but I'll set up the fight soon...

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9565
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:17 pm

I think we all understand about everything going nuts.

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10045
Location: Austria
Title: Magister
User Class: Scholar

First fight round 0

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Merisiel makes the man nervous at the mention of zombies, and he hesitates. One of the others calls out, into the door opening. "Oi, boys, git up, we got visitors! Git up ya lousy scum!"
Init is a perception roll here:
Carver: r1+6=7
Merisiel: r18+6=24
Fumbus: r11+3=14
Men: 18

So:
Merisiel, Men, Fumbus, Carver
I tried to use roll20 for the map, not sure if it worked well enough. You guys are in red, the men are in blue.
map1.jpg
map1.jpg (112.5 KiB) Viewed 15 times
"Surprise" round: demoralize (coerce takes one minute, you do not have that time at the moment.
Intimidation vs Will save
Merisiel Intimidate: r16+3=19
Will save: total 1!! Critical success - he gets frightened 2
Frightened
You’re gripped by fear and struggle to control your nerves.
The frightened condition always includes a value. You take
a status penalty equal to this value to all your checks and
DCs. Unless specified otherwise, at the end of each of your
turns, the value of your frightened condition decreases
by 1.
Merisiel acts quickest...

Post Reply