Extinction Curse - Chapter 1: Murder in the Center Ring

Come one, come all! Humble performers become leaders of the Circus of Wayward Wonders when tragedy strikes. But as these heroes lead their motley band of performers and roustabouts around the Isle of Kortos, they uncover a sinister plot to exterminate life from the Starstone Isle. The dead god Aroden may be gone, but his legacy lives on, as do his old enemies who would destroy the wonders he raised from the sea. Spectacle meets savagery as the heroes strive to stop the Extinction Curse!
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Extinction Curse - Chapter 1: Murder in the Center Ring

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:37 pm

Ozo growls menacingly and then roars in the faces of the drunken aggressive couple. Bear spit flies in their faces as his sharp teeth fill their view. The beast raises his paw to swipe again, but before he can swing both of them turn tail and run. With no blood spilt or torn limbs being thrown around, the crowd laughs scornfully and throws popcorn and splashes ale at the pair as they run away.
Ozo - Intimidation = 19, Success.

While there technically would be choices as to the last Circus acts, since the other 2 players are away for the moment, I propose that I Narrate the rest of the Show as you've resolved all of the significant 'troubles'. That way we can move straight into the Investigation part without the distraction of the Circus Performance keeping your attention. Agreed?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:21 pm

Sounds good to me.
Gorrick pats Ozo on the shoulder and says, "Good boy." He then leads the bear out from the bleachers the audience is seated in to the backstage, all the while trying to remain alert for more trouble. He would have liked to question the troublemakers, but is still happy with how he was able to resolve things.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:35 pm

With the final acts finishing, the crowd stands up and cheers. The performers come out to the center stage and wave excitedly after their first successful show as an independent Circus. The circus-goers then slowly make their way out, some buying souvenirs or more snacks on their way out. The staff then goes about their jobs of cleaning up. A number of the staff are healers, and have the time to deal with Gorrick's bear-related wounds, and patch him up.
Gorrick is healed to full.
Gorrick, Leclerc, and Grong are now free to focus completely on the mystery of the murder of Ringmaster Myron.
On the Main Map, only A3 (Bardolph's Wagon) was completely searched. A2 is the former Ringmaster's Wagon. There are other places to search of course, but you just need to go about searching and tell me where you're going, to find out what else there is to discover.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Gorrick says softly, "I don't know if you noticed, but we had two more people in the audience trying to disrupt the performance. Ozo persuaded them to leave." He fondly pats the head of the bear. "It really does seem like someone's out to get us. I think we should go look at the ringmaster's wagon. There might be more clues there."