Episode One: Downey Creek War

Jump into the 1930s that never was, the Rocket Age as Earthlings spread across the Solar System exploring the jungles, of Venus, the deserts of Mars, and coming into contact with the mysterious and advanced Europans. The Trail of the Scorpion will follow a group of adventurers, and explorers as they race to stop the plans of the Crime Syndicate the Red Scorpion.

Moderator: Hamarr

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:15 pm

After a few moments in the shack Maggie leans back against the wall, and takes off her hat. She combs through her reddish brown hair that is now more brown than red. Likely due to mud and dirt. Sighing she looks to your group. "Thanks for the help back there, the company thugs have been after me and my family for years. They say that we owe them for the work we did in the Ore Fields. Isn't that fresh? We owe them for the work WE DID. They're just trying to jump our claim, a rich one up on Downey Creek. Pa has taken sick, ya see. I figured I'd came up to town to get some medicine and decided to lay up until the storm blew over before setting back off through the jungle."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:48 pm

The knife he took stashed somewhere about his person, Tanaka nods sympathetically.

"I assume, especially after the altercation just now, that the law offers no redress to your difficulty."

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm

A flash of realization appears on Maggie's face, "You know what, you all can help me out and I can help you out. Ya'll want to get out of Roosevelt Station for a few weeks now; the thugs will be gunning for you after tonight. They try to bully us wildcatters but don't get too physical so we don't unite against them, but you are outsiders. Free game as far as they are concerned. Ya'll come back to the claim with me and work it for a spell, help protect the claim from jumpers and company thugs, I'll give you room and board plus a share of whatever we dig up. The claim is rich in radium and diamonds, and I've seen traces of gold. You'll have dry beds and plenty of food. What do ya say, partner up and help me out? With Pa sick there is just me, and I can dig, sluice, hunt, cook, clean and nurse all at once."

DoctorDoom71
Level 3
Level 3

Post by DoctorDoom71 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 am

Dash doesn't hesitate. "My name is Dash. I am a Rocket Ranger and I would not be able to live with myself if I failed to help in your time of need, I will come with you and fight for you and your land"

Dash begins taking off his heavy armor and inspecting it for damage

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 am

A conflicted look spreads across Josh's face, as he clearly struggles with what to do or say next. Finally he speaks clearly unsure of himself. "Ma'am my name is J.. Bill, Bill Haddley. I'd love very much to help you out, I mean it seems like the right thing to do. I'm just worried I might." He pauses "I don't suppose any of you know a Captain Godfrey? He's an Officer in the American Army. I heard he is stationed here... Or at least he was a few years ago?"

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Josh Convince: 2d6+3 Presence+ 2 subterfuge=(2,4) 11
Maggie sense motive: 2d6+4 ingenuity=(6,1) 11
Maggie looks to Josh as if she can tell he is hiding something, but it appears she can't rightly point it out. "I'm sorry Bill. I don't know of any Generals. The Rangers might know." She looks to Dash, "Do you know?"

Speaking to Reginald now Maggie asks, " What do you say Big Game Hunter? It's not your usual line of work, but with the company after you it might be your safest bet." She looks towards Darwin uneasy about how to speak to him/her/them /it? Europans are weird. "Mr. Darwin is it? What do you say? It is mister right?"

Darwin smiles and looks towards Reginald. "I will follow Reginald. But I am sure that there are interesting specimen at Downey Creek yes? Please Reginald let us take a look!"

Maggie smiles, "I've got an old truck once the rain clears up we can head out it'll take us around three Earth days to reach the claim."

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Episode One: Downey Creek War

Post by Hamarr » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:01 pm

@Lathandris @BaoAlex357 @JohnnyWeird @DoctorDoom71

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 pm

"A venture into the interior will prove quite educational. I will only require a few minutes to retrieve my effects from the boarding house in which I had arranged to stay."

Tanaka smiles politely, gesturing at his slightly ruffled street clothes.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:05 am

Josh looks over at Dash hopefully, waiting for the Ranger's reply

DoctorDoom71
Level 3
Level 3

Post by DoctorDoom71 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:21 am

look up 3 or 4 posts
Dash continues inspecting his armor for damage while waiting for the civvies to figure out who was coming with him