Episode One: Downey Creek War

Jump into the 1930s that never was, the Rocket Age as Earthlings spread across the Solar System exploring the jungles, of Venus, the deserts of Mars, and coming into contact with the mysterious and advanced Europans. The Trail of the Scorpion will follow a group of adventurers, and explorers as they race to stop the plans of the Crime Syndicate the Red Scorpion.

Moderator: Hamarr

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Re: Episode One: Downey Creek War

Post by BaoAlex357 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 am

Reginald smiles at Maggie as he hangs his once again tattered long coat on a protrusion of the wall. Given the state of the shack, it has a better chance of acting as waterproofing for the interior than actually drying.

"Mr. Darwin is on board, miss, and a few jacknapes are far from enough to discourage me from an agreement." Reginald runs a finger across the Martian armor, checking integrity after the fight with a soft harumph. "I have a lorry to add to the convoy, as well, fortunately most of my re-provisioning was already handled."

He turns to the other gentlemen in the small shelter, "Reginald Q. H. Webley; hunter, tracker, linguist, and guide at your service."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:26 pm

@DoctorDoom71 Josh was looking for your response to if you knew an American Army Officer name Captain Godfrey. Not if you were planning on going with Maggie. Josh poses the question to the group in his response and Maggie deflects the question to Dash in the post immediately below

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Let me know when you want Nigel to pop in.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:54 pm

@Wbweather any time should be good, wound bandaging and introductions abound.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:05 pm

The slouching Europan absentmindly introduces himself after Reggie does, his attention focused on the disturbingly alien contents of a medical bag, and a rather tattered book reading 'Anatomy of Lesser of Sophonts and Other Exotic Fauna,' and before encroaching upon the wounded with only the best intentions. "I am Darwin Charles Robert, Natural Philosopher. Please remain still, the discomfort will be intense but brief."
Medical Treatment: 2d6+ 5 Ing +2 Medicine +2 anatomy book +2 Europan medical kit -4 species

Treatment inflicts 1 point of mental damage.

Repeat for each willing injured person.

DoctorDoom71
Level 3
Level 3

Post by DoctorDoom71 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:46 pm

oh sorry missed that part....should I roll for knowledge of the officer?

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:27 pm

@DoctorDoom71 @BaoAlex357 @JohnnyWeird @Wbweather @Lathandris
Dash Ingenuity+Knowledge: 2d6+4=(4,6)+4= 14
Dash remembers the captain in question specifically that he is stationed in the interior of the jungle at a small fort. He will occasionally return from his dealings with the natives. At that point there is a soft knock on the shack's metal door. Hard to hear through the rain beating down against the building. Maggie unsure peaks out the window to see a tall and confused looking explorer with foggy glasses. He shivers in the cold as he tries to warm up. She looks towards the group.

"Do ya'll know this feller?"

Reginald nods, "That is Nigel I believe I was suppose to meet him at Old Tooles until the place got shot up. Old Toole must of let him know my whereabouts."

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Darwin rummages through his bag and aids the company whoever wishes to use his help.
Josh Healing: 2d6+12= (3,4)+12=19 Josh heals 2 points of attribute damage but takes 1 mental damage.
Dash Healing: 2d6+12= (6,1)+12= 19 Dash heals 2 points of attribute damage but takes 1 mental damage
Tanaka Healing: 2d6+12= (6,2)+12= 20 Tanaka heals 2 points of attribute damage but takes 1 mental damage.
Reginald Healing: 2d6+12= (2,1)+12= 15 Reginald heals 1 point of attribute damage but takes 1 mental damage.
Feel free not to accept the treatment. It is going to be one full Venus days before the storm lets up and Maggie is able to leave in her truck so that is 5 Earth days of rest aand 1 point of attribute damage healed if the company does nothing to recover.
"The storm here is going to take a while to let up, but once it does we can leave in my truck the path isn't great just a muddy dirt road made worse I'm sure with the rain. It's about 300 km from Roosevelt. It'll take about 6 Earth days to get to the camp at Downey Creek. The jungle is rough, I'm sure you know all about that Reginald.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:43 pm

Tanaka submits mutely to the alien's ministrations, then nods to the reminder of the journey's privations. The experience of being...healed...seems to have momentarily robbed him of speech.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:13 pm

Josh readily accepts the offered medical assistance. "Thank you, sir."