Episode One: Downey Creek War

Jump into the 1930s that never was, the Rocket Age as Earthlings spread across the Solar System exploring the jungles, of Venus, the deserts of Mars, and coming into contact with the mysterious and advanced Europans. The Trail of the Scorpion will follow a group of adventurers, and explorers as they race to stop the plans of the Crime Syndicate the Red Scorpion.

Moderator: Hamarr

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Re: Episode One: Downey Creek War

Post by Hamarr » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Josh do you want to offer your services with your Rocket? What Rocket did you end up buying with your SP?

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:32 am

He stole a German Transport Rocketship
Josh looks around the assembled group of people, the healing seems to have helped steel his nerves. "I have a faster way assuming you trust me behind the stick. I have access to a rocket ship. It isn't far from here."

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:12 am

Maggie thinks for a moment, "That may work. How is your flight abilities during a storm. We might still want wait it out for a bit. Although the landing strip isn't great mostly just a dirt strip that we clear cut."
The company has a choice. Do you want to leave now or wait 1-2 Earth days and then leave? Leaving now will take an hour to fly to Downey Creek but with the storm as bad as it is it will require a TN 15 coordination+transport test and a TN 12 coordination+transport landing test (regardless of when you leave) If you wait 1-2 Earth days for the storm to die down a bit the first test will be TN 12. Waiting the full 5 days will be TN 9.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Lathandris » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:33 pm

Josh's coordination is still at a 5, but his awareness is at a 1 so it might be best to wait a bit before we try to drop him in the pilot's seat
"I have to admit I don't think I am one hundred percent after that thrashing I took. I think it might be better to wait a bit before we attempt the trip. IF we need to get there today. I can make it work." There is no wavering in Josh's voice as he responds. You get the impression he's giving you all what he feels is a fair self assessment of his abilities.

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Flying a Rocket Ship would be Coordination+Transport.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Lathandris » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 am

Yeah...… assuming we don't run into anything along the way. Just being cautious

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:39 pm

@BaoAlex357 @DoctorDoom71 @Wbweather

The company rest in this relatively confined place, the food is passable. But as the storm drags on and with The Company and perhaps even the Rangers looking for the group it's a tough few days. Talk is mostly concerned about what everyone is doing on Venus, as the group begins to get to know each other.
Everyone can recover 5 points to their attributes for the rest. Feel free to RP amongst each other and get to know your characters.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Sorry, I wasn't getting notifications and I missed my introduction. I will work on that today.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Lathandris » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 am

Josh or Bill as you know him does his very best to keep to himself during the wait, although he clearly shows interest in the conversations that occur between the rest of the group. After some time has past and some color has returned to Josh he finally chimes in.

"Sounds like the storm has lessened a bit and I do feel much better. Should we head out?"

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:09 am

Nigel Heatherington entered the room with an air of confidence. "Well, here I am at last. Reginald, you are a difficult man to find. I see you have been up to your typical antics. That bar I was supposed to meet you at was in quite a state. But the proprietor was kind enough to point me here after telling me a bit about the ruckus you all caused. Charming woman, quite a character."

He turns to Maggie, "Ma'am, I do hope you don't mind one more vagabond imposing himself on your hospitality. I am Nigel Hetherington, yes that one, you may have read one of my books. No? Well, I'll have to send you a copy. So what adventure are we planning here?"