Rant

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Rant

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:46 am

I have to rant, guys.

If this site is going to succeed in any way, our players have to post. I'm going to be brutally honest, with the lack of posting I am seeing in just about every game I'm involved in, I am not hopeful. I logged in at around 12 MST today, and I have /1/ thing to post to. There were 2 things I /could/ post to, but one was better that I let others lead. If you are going to be away from an extended period of time, if you have any opportunity, you should tell the site. For newbies that log on, post 10 times and disappear, you SUCK. If you aren't liking the game, this site, or PbP in general, you OWE it to not be a prick and tell your GM you are leaving.

I also think, sometimes, we over extend ourselves. We want to be involved more than RL allows, and so we get into too many games and cannot post at the rate we should. If this happens, I think it is better to contract than not post. If we are going to succeed, we need active players.

If you want to continue in this hobby you have to take responsibility for your part as players and GMs. A basic level of activity is the absolutely #1 requirement in my view. I hope when we move people get to posting more frequently. Because today I had basically a free day to be on the site and I spent 90% of my time elsewhere because I had absolutely nothing to do here.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but in my view, it had to be said. Also, this is strictly a message from me and not necessarily endorsed by any other admin.

Tet
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Rant

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:32 pm

+1