X Files Returns to Television

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

X Files Returns to Television

Post by Chanur » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 am

I don't know if anyone else out there is a huge X Files fan but its coming back to tv for a 6 episode run with Duchovny and Anderson.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/24/x-files-re ... sodes-fox/
The truth is out there right here: The X-Files is indeed returning to Fox, with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their respective roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
PHOTOSThe X-Files Turns 20: We've Picked Our Favorite Spooky, Seminal Episodes — What Are Yours?
Fox has officially ordered a six-episode continuation of its phenomenally successful supernatural drama, to shoot this summer and (presumably) air at some point next season. (An official airdate remains TBD.)
“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said X-Files creator Chris Carter, who will oversee the new episodes. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: X Files Returns to Television

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:48 am

I saw the note a few days ago, but I thought the series was coming back with new stars. I'd like to see a new version of X-Files. Maybe they'll introduce some new agents and try to see if a spin-off will work.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: X Files Returns to Television

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 am

Yeah, I saw the article about it. They're planning to make only six episodes, so it might be more of a mini-series, which would be smart. Of course, I don't own a TV, so I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.