Pathfinder Society

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Pathfinder Society

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:03 am

I just found Pathfinder Society and was wondering if any of you have any experience with it and how you felt about it. People have mixed opinions on it. I like the idea of having a character take on different 'missions' with different sets of groups that I can also easily schedule around for.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Pathfinder Society

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:09 am

We played a PFS game here. The intro 3. It was fine but a bit limiting for the gm which was Shurijo.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:18 pm

I think it's a great platform for players to just drop in and play IRL. On pbp, we're usually a bit more generous with gold, items, etc., so it actually limits the creativity/characters/GM a bit. IRL, it's nice because all of the players/characters have those limits, so you don't end up with one or two powerful players in a pick-up game at a store.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Over all I had a good time doing it and would play again with my PFS guy if someone wanted to run the next adventure. Like Shurijo said it is a bit limiting when PCs want to go off book, so its almost more like playing in a adventure board game like Decent or something.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring