Welcome Back

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Welcome Back

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Yeah, the At Work theme has a red border around the icon that indicates there's a new post.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Muskrat wrote:Generally, these new forums seem nice.

One thing I already find myself missing from the old forums though: On the old forums, when you were in a subforum (as for a particular game), you could look at the headlines for the sub-subforums (such as the OOC section of that game) and simply see if new posts had been made without needing to click into the forum and check. That would be a nice feature to revive, especially given how slow the site is.
Yeah. I agree. I'll see if I can add it to the default theme. The "at work" theme already has that.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 pm

I'd like to apologize for the server problems today. I've been working with the host and it looks like it's a server wide problem affecting every site on that server. The problem has been escalated, but there's no ETA. It's on the escalation server team now, so hopefully they'll figure it out. They just happen to have server problem on our first day :(

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Shurijo wrote:I'd like to apologize for the server problems today. I've been working with the host and it looks like it's a server wide problem affecting every site on that server. The problem has been escalated, but there's no ETA. It's on the escalation server team now, so hopefully they'll figure it out. They just happen to have server problem on our first day :(
No worries. I think we all expect some growing pains.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Something to notice when posting.

Right now when you use the reply, post or whatever, the Subject of your post will get reset to the opening subject of the entire topic/thread.

So if the GM posts the topic "Kitchen Trouble" and you just make a quick reply, it resets to back to Chapter 2 - Venturing Outside instead of Re: Kitchen Trouble. This is rather annoying as a GM if you ask me, since I like titles to change with the travel, the date, the combat round, etc.

If you want you can easily edit your subject as you are posting your reply in the At Work Theme. I understand the RPG Theme doesn't even give you that, it just lists Post #5 Post #6 Post #7. I hope we can alter this behavior a bit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Tarondor
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Prelude: The Hidden Valley

Post by Tarondor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:49 am

Sorry, guys, I can't find an OOC forum to ask this: How can I change my password on this board? Thanks.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Prelude: The Hidden Valley

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Hey Tarondor, no problem, Vardaen can move your post and mine here. Just click on "subscribe to topic" if you haven't already. Can you find the OOC thread for this game? Just scroll to the top, right above where it says in white "Prelude: The Hidden Valley" and click on the yellow "Ruins of the North." At the top you should see the OOC thread, and at the very bottom of the page you can subscribe to the whole game.

Anyway to change your password, click on your username on the very top right, then your Control Panel opens. Click on the tab "Profile" at the top of the control panel, then on "edit account settings" on the left. You can change your password there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:07 pm

AHHA! I managed to move these posts from TOR into here!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:10 pm

@Tarondor, Also there's multiple themes to choose from. If you prefer the old style (brennor's) then the 'at work' theme might work better. We're working on improving the themes and this/default one is slightly different than brennor's.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Don't you guys think there should be a warning back in Brennor's pointing to this site? This way retired players would know where we are if they decide to come back.
A.K.A. Tvrod.