Core Rules For A New Zombie Game

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Random Blurb as opposed to an actual game drive.

If you like zombies or had played in my previous Black Rain campaign, I highly suggest that you pick up:

A COPY OF APOCALYPSE WORLD

The system is very good and is supported by a plethora of HACKS which are essentially conversions of the rules to suite other settings. I myself really dig this system as it essentially lays the groundwork for your characters to experience a virtual "Sandbox" of daily occurrences and even draws upon clever means of forcing your characters to pre-establish ties to other characters before moving on with the game. If you read it, you'll see what I mean but overall it is a good system and in all honesty I wouldn't mind using it to run a Post-Apocalypse game as well as one for Zombies.

I am waiting for a friend of mine to publish his Zombie-World source material but feel that when he does, it shall be the basis in which I try to restart my own Black Rain campaign. It's rather an ingenious system so far from what I've dabbled with and suggest you peruse the attached pdf's contents.

More to come later on Zombies!
Last edited by Eanwulf on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:00 pm

Looks fun. I'd be interested in an original themed game but Doug have time
~Bo~

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:06 am

Cool. Might work for something of doing a 1 shot of.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Core Rules For A New Zombie Game

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:24 am

Oh, I want to run the hell out of it once my buddy gets his Zombie HACK completed. Sadly, they missed their Halloween Deadline due to the Holiday and its demands upon the family. Hopefully it should be up in the next day or two :)

What I find intriguing about it is the fact that you don't make up a game traditionally. The rules are designed for having players derive an intention for the day (i.e. I want to try and gather supplies, or go check our borders, etc.) and then these MOVES are then rolled for and their outcome decided. This in turn dictates the overall scene or situation the player or players find themselves in. It truly is a sandbox of gaming entertainment!

If utilized properly, it could very well be the basis for a good gaming mechanic. I'm still working through they system myself, but so far so good on what I've dealt with overall.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!