Fond Memories of a MMO

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Fond Memories of a MMO

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:17 pm

So then, I've been cleaning out my hard drive and found a bunch of old ABC files that I had made for Lord of the Rings Online. Granted, you had limited instruments to play and the format was a crude Midi format at best, but still. I had fun composing and converting stuff to play in game. I have recently acquired another conversion program and thought that I might share a song or two here with you for your amusement. The file below is in mp3 format and is Living Color's "Cult of Personality". I had fun making it and having the band in game play it on their crappy little instruments. Feel free to critique :P

Cult of Middle Earthian Personality
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Fond Memories of a MMO

Post by Aegor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Sounds much better then the files I downloaded from the internet and played!

However I deleted lotro recently, but was thinking of getting back into it these days.
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Fond Memories of a MMO

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:01 am

I still have it on my comp and log in periodically. Sadly, the new Minas Tirith and some Dol Amroth stuff is still a nasty comp crash lagfest nightmare. A buddy of mine wanted all of my abc files was why I am going through my comp. I've just been having fun converting some of the good ones that I did to mp3 format for nostalgic reasons. Speaking of which.

Diary of Jane Baggins - Breaking Benjamin

Aragorn's Highway Star - Edgar Winter Group
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:29 am

I *cough* have too many recurring charges that I've failed to put an end to. LOTRO is probably one of them. I've had such good times on that game that I can't bring myself to let it go. If any of you ever want to play, let me know.. .though I'd need a bit of time to update, I'm sure
~Bo~

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Aegor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:27 pm

I might or might not redownload it right about now.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:09 am

Let a brother know. I just got home from work and I haven't played SWTOR in months. New expansion getting good reviews and I'm updating that, too. I just don't have a ton of time to game these days... but when I do, it's with Fellowship of the Dice brothers!
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:20 am

Let a brother know. I just got home from work and I haven't played SWTOR in months. New expansion getting good reviews and I'm updating that, too. I just don't have a ton of time to game these days... but when I do, it's with Fellowship of the Dice brothers!
~Bo~

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Aegor » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:37 am

I have a character on Evernight server, but would gladly make a new one on whatever server you guys are in..
Swtor won't start for me, which is a shame, I'm in a sw mood these days with the new movie coming and all.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 am

I believe my LOTRO is on Landroval. I started SWTOR on Beregen Colony but I'm guessing I've been moved a few times for server consolidation.
~Bo~

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 am

Bear in mind, they are in the process of merging servers. 5 US and 5 EU total. A lot of the servers you knew may be closing and/or allowing transfers to and fro the others. I myself recently moved to Arkenstone alongside the bulk of our kin. We used to reside on Riddermark.