Windy City Superheroes

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Windy City Superheroes

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:30 am

Anybody out there miss the original Marvel Superheroes RPG? I got to play it recently with some surprise guests and forgot how much fun it was. As such it got me thinking about a Chicago-based team of heroes called the Partisan Patrol and created during the time Luke Cage was hiding out in Chicago to avoid being arrested for the alleged killing of Iron Fist. He and Moonknight, and some other Chicago-born heroes could have green lighted the project back in the day, etc.

I've been playing about with the Campaign Character Construction rules and find them to be a rather decent way of translating the game into a point-buy structure rather easily! Luke Cage ends up being a 328 pt toon which is pretty much spot on for your typical Avengers type game, i.e. 300-350 pts. I'd need to see if real life smooths out first but it's definitely food for thought should anyone actually miss this sort of thing.
Last edited by Eanwulf on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Windy City Superheroes

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 am

Supers are always worth giving it a try. :-D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Windy City Superheroes

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:34 am

It seems the hardest part of Super hero games is getting them started. Haha

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Windy City Superheroes

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 am

Idea I had dealt with Luke Cage's time spent in Chicago hiding out against charges of having killed his former partner, Iron Fist. Long story short, it'd follow the line of Cage and Dakota North taking on the Corporation and Dr. Karl Malus. Cage's brother was turned into Coldfire and after the two fought it out, joined forces to take down Dr. Malus. In the comic, Coldfire's body was killed and he sacrificed his energy form to blow up Corporation HQ. I wanted to take it a bit further.

Pretty much having Chicago blown up good around 1993 and rebuilt over the years to form New Chicago or better known to all simply as Windy City. You'd have an organization of heroes situated there in New Chicago under the tutelage and guidance of one Dr. Eileen Claire Bastion, the widow of one Dr. Sebastian Robert Bastion a prominent scientist lost during the time Old Chicago fell.

You'd pretty much be part of the hero force situated in New Chicago, the team itself aptly named Bastion. You'd have Bastion Towers as HQ and the company itself dedicated to developing stuff akin to Stark Enterprises, i.e. your run of the mill better living through technology kind of stuff.

I see it now...

Bastion Enterprises, helping build a better you, for our better tomorrow...
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:07 am

I'm reading up on it, but there is the possibility of perhaps doing our old Starknight campaign with Marvel rules if anyone is interested. I'd have to work on it a lot though.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Meh, upon thinking about the matter further. I think an Avengers styled campaign would be better to run overall. At least for now. I just pray I can make it work. Meanwhile, I'll continue to sneak things in on the down low and see what happens.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 am

Jotting down some background stuff off the top of my head.

Current Year: 2013
Better Known As: The Windy City
Local Newspaper: The Spectator
History: Chicago was nearly destroyed back in 1993. It has been rebuilt over the past 20 years and is now home to a new league of superheroes known as Bastion.
Base of Operations: Bastion Enterprises. A scientific research corporation dedicated to various fields of study (computertech, cybertech, biotech, etc.)
CEO of Operation: Dr. Eileen Claire Bastion. The 48 yr old, widow of Dr. Sebastian Robert Bastion (deceased, would have been 52 yrs old)
Slogan: Bastion Enterprises...Helping Build A Better YOU, For The Better Tomorrow

Important Figures
Luke Cage (50 yrs old, think CT Fletcher, resides in NYC)
Jessica Jones-Cage (45 yrs old, still married to Luke, resides in NYC)
Danielle Cage (Better known now as Domina, Luke's/Jessica's daughter, 19 yrs old, part of Bastion)
Dr. Karl(in) Malus (deceased, would have been 60 yrs old)
Dr. Alina Malus (Karl's daughter, 30 years old, ~10 at time of father's death)
The Hellfire Club (Chicago Chapter)

Support Figures
HardCORPS (Knockout, Steadfast, Electrilad) a cyborg superteam
Dr. Caitlyn Hennessey (leading cybernetics guru)
Greasemonkeys (Dr. Hennessey's own creation, robotic monkeys, assistant technicians)
Captain John Lancaster (military liaison between US Govt and HardCORPS)
Martin Milliford (project manager, handles HardCORPS funding)