Star Wars VII Spoiler Thread

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Star Wars VII Spoiler Thread

Post by Scout89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Did he really kill them? There is only one scene where he kills someone. And we don't know who that was. And after Kylo offers his saber and Han takes it, they struggle for a while but it never shows who activated it. To me Han brought it to his chest while Kylo tried to resist it. If it really was Kylo, they'd show him doing it.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:46 pm

I can't remember the dialog that took place, but my brother-in-law says Kylo says, "There is something I have to do, but I can't do it." Then after solo dies he says, "Thank you."

Personally I don't buy it that Han killed himself and we all gave my brother-in-law a hard time about making it all up. But it would be interesting.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Han did not kill himself. That's almost as bad as Jar Jar the Sith Lord.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Those exact lines are the center point of this theory.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:59 pm

What Han was 'taking' from him, as far as the conversation goes, is the conflict. Once he kills Han, there is no conflict, he's fully brought to the Dark Side.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:54 am

Man, you guys are already deep in discussion.

My thoughts on it on general and why I am not so enthusiastic about was that, for me, it felt like it was pretty much a similar plot as A New Hope and maybe bits of Empire as well. Pretty much playing it super-safe without bringing in too much new. And then there's some nit-picky things that make it just... odd for me. For example, the bowcaster pretty much blasted stormtroopers halfway to the room but when Poe shot some of them from his X-wing (at least that's how it looked to me) they more or less dropped like with any other blaster hit. Which would make little sense as an X-wing laser's supposed to destroy starfighter armor... (then again, going into fictional physics is probably not the greatest of ideas).

Oh, and the whole "new superweapon"... Many times larger than the Death Star and even more dangerous... Were the planets it destroyed of any significance? I mean Alderaan was pretty vague too but we were given a sense of what it is. It was nice to see some practical effects in there as well and sets, compared to what the last SW movies did. Also odd details here and there that I really don't know how they connect with anything as they cut off the whole EU (which I kinda understand but am no fan of. I kinda like the EU. There were great and stupid things in there, yeah, but look at the prequel movies). Like the Fett clan symbol on one of the flags that left me kinda cold as so far it seems like nothing but window-dressing. More like "you know this right *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*" (And now I'm thinking of Monty Python...).

Also, looking forward to the Rogue One movie in any case. I did enjoy a lot of the Rogue Squadron stuff and though it will not be part of the movies I almost expect to see tid-bits of it there. Also, pilots are awesome!

Then again, those are just a few of my thoughts on that.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:56 pm

It would have been cool if it had been Captain Phasma fighting Finn's lightsaber with the Shock Club (or whatever it was), much cooler than just shutting down the shields and getting thrown into a trash compactor...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:13 pm

I heard that most of Phasma's bigger scenes got cut because the ideas\scenes just didn't work out when viewed alongside the rest of the movie (good idea on paper, but just didn't work). Explains why the marketing department overhyped/produced Phasma toys/items, but she essentially only had a very, very minor role in the final movie.

I've also heard that she'll be in ep8, but I thought she'd died on the Starkiller base with the other troops.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Wait don't we just know already that Snoke is Jar Jar?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Of course she did not die there! They can't get rid of such a charismatic character like that.
A.K.A. Tvrod.