Dragon Age Inquisition

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:11 am

Dragon Age is like one of my favourite things ever. I absolutely love that world. All the lore and stuff is just so cool.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Vardaen wrote:I ran a DA game once. It was decent story i think but we used PF cause the other system didnt seem a good Pbp fit.
Hard to say whether it would do well in a PbP format, but it most certainly would do well in a Live Session I think. I'm still reading through the Core Rulebook currently and I'm not the best when it comes to advertising the selling points of a game, but I can definitely say that they've expanded a great deal not only with the lore of the setting (Owning both Volumes of "The World of Thedas" in addition certainly helps), but other facets of the game as well.

There's still only three classes to choose from (Warrior, Rogue, Mage), but I consider those to be more like broad archetypes. What really sets characters apart from one another is the background (My oh my have they really expanded on this one) you choose and (if you live long enough, heh) class specializations. Those of you familiar with the mechanics are also probably aware of the Stunt system, which covers not only combat, but certain social interactions too (i.e. intrigues, politicking, building reputation, etc.).

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask away and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu