Anyone ever published their own game?

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm just curious if anyone has ever published their own games or RPG books/modules. My neighbor and I have been kicking around a few ideas for games over the last few months and I just created a publisher account on DriveThruCards (it's like DriveThruRPG, but for card games).

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:48 pm

I wish.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:03 am

If you have some ideas, we can start a subforum for games made here. I created one card game at DriveThruCards and it's a pretty nice system (private now, still prototype/development mode). I have another game idea (or two) with my neighbor that I'm finishing up on paper, then I'm going to make some prototype cards and order some proofs so we can playtest it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:11 am

Game night buddy is about to publish his rpg and companion card game. The book is more ready. Using some amazon publishing thing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:12 am

You should sharr the card game with us. I do lots of custom cards for lotr lcg would be fun to help with something else.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:37 am

Sounds good. I want to play test it at home first, then I'll share the details when I get a bit further on.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:10 pm

What's the theme?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:30 pm

First game is just a simple sci-fi "cargo delivery" card game. Players fly from planet to planet delivering cargo while avoiding/conflict with pirates and space dragons. Kind of a family friendly quick game. Nothing too fancy or complicated. I have place holder graphics done (99 total cards, 6 6x6 tiles) and rules done. I just need to order a proof of the cards this weekend and test it out at home to make sure game play and mechanics work.

Other games are: a "Sushi-Go" like card game, a "Uno" like card game, and a "San Juan" or "7 Wonders" like card game.