Baldur’s Gate III video game in development

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Bought Tyranny over the week on the recommendation. Just finished up Act II. Loving it! Initially my idea was Loyal McLoyalton, just being a good judge and peacekeeper. The Game wasn't too cooperative on that front. :P You absolutely cannot please everyone, and even early on in Act I you start having to make choices on whom you are going to make friends with, which will inherently make you enemies with other people. Pretty awesome. I can't just Charisma my way through making everyone happy with me.

Also, very unique World, politics, and metamagic underpinnings. Even being moderately genre-savvy, there were plenty of surprises and lots of fun. Great game!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 pm

It looks like the Early Access program might kick off later this month. There's a livestream on Aug 18 that will announce the date.

Early Access is basically pre-ordering/beta combined (you get full access to the first part of the game and the full game will be unlocked/opened on official launch date).

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Glad that people are enjoying Tyranny after my recommendation. :)

I will wait until Baldur's Gate 3 is actually finished and therefore *worth* the asking price. But the thumbnails I've been seeing in the Youtube are looking very promising. I'm impressed that Larian is dedicated to letting the player see scenes up close and personal, in addition to fully voiced. I think that's very promising. If I'm not a fan of the mechanics, I can forgive them if the story is really good.

And even then, there's still Cyberpunk...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:23 pm

Tyranny was great I shared that nugget with people at work, they like it too.

I got the BG3 Early Access, and it plays nice, looks nice, its a good blend of Divinity and D&D. Of course as Early Access means that when they just did a major patch all my saves are no longer legit and I have to start over, but its okay, I have only invested a few hours into it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:26 pm

I wish my PC could run this, or it would get ported to a console (then I'd have to buy a console...).