Prelude: Iuchi Jun

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:20 pm

"There is no business, Daidoji-sama, she is my cousin," Jun returns the papers to their spot in the bag, "My father was born a Daidoji, and I had hoped to visit the lands of his ancestors." The priest doesn't share the full depth of his connection to the village, but gives perhaps more than the yoriki might expect. The tone is more deferential than his father might like, but caution around authority in strange lands seems the prudent path here.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:19 pm

"Cousin? I was not made aware that Daidoji Kishik-san had cousins among the Children of Shinjo." He wants to say more, and while he's no courtier, and you can read some discontent on his face, he doesn't allow any emotion to creep into his next words. "Long have the Crane and the Unicorn been allies. Come, I can take you to your cousin. She should be keeping an Imperial visitor company, I suppose she could use a break." He strides through the courtyard of the estate and leads Jun around to the far side of the building. As the two travel through the courtyard another Crane samurai appears. He steps out of an open doorway on a porch and pauses to breath in the fresh air and to stretch his back. His steely gaze lands on Jun and watches until the Unicorn is out of view around the corner.

The Other Crane
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 pm

"Thank you, it is good to be in friendly lands," he comments, having traveled difficult miles across the lands of less hospitable clans. He notes the stare of the other Crane, but choses to ignore it, fur trim and such a large horse are uncommon enough sights, even aside the unfortunate reputation his family has in some circles.
"We rarely enjoy Imperial visitors of importance so far from the Court, do you find them here often?"
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 pm

"Of course, we are Crane. We have several currently visiting." He pauses, wondering if he should even be speaking such things, but bragging a little about the clan is always a good thing. "The Crane and the Imperial families often intermarry, and it is Tax Season of course, Imperial Tax Collectors aside, we have some Imperial family in town visiting. It must be the season for that sort of thing as well Unicorn-san."

He pauses and motions at a smaller building, "This here is my office, and you will find your cousin inside. She should be studying, but I will allow her a small break to greet her cousin who has traveled so far across the Empire." He bows and does not make to head inside himself, a half glance back to the other Crane on the porch suggests he has business with that man.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Jun bows again, "Thank you, that is most kind of you." He pauses a moment, before making one more request, "Forgive me, sama, but might you be able to give me the name of a honest farmer with whom I could trust my horse. I did not see a stable at the inn, and it is my duty to see that he is cared for, as any other charge."

Bowing again, he moves into the office, tapping on the frame before entering.
I'm willing to just move on, as much as I'd like to listen in, Jun has no real tools to do so
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 pm

"Mosuke is a decent enough man, as far as hemin go. I would suggest him, you may mention that I gave you his name. That should keep him as honest. You can find him on the south side of town." He bows slightly to the Shugenja and then turns and heads off to speak to the other Crane samurai.

Jun turns to the office and raps lightly on the frame.

"Enter," a soft female voice replies.

Jun slides the door to the side and steps inside to find a simple yet clean office. It isn't large, nor is it elegant, but there is a simple and clean value to the chamber, showing that of a military mind. An empty armor stand sits in one corner, a daisho stand in the other. In the center of the room is a small desk with papers and such on it. Tatami mats cover the floor. Seated behind the desk looking up is a young Crane woman.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Stepping into the room, Jun can't help but begin to smile. Bowing he speaks, "Congratulations on your appointment, Daidoji-sama, I hope that I do not interrupt anything important?" A moment later he is smiling at his cousin, her face familiar from childhood. "It is good to see you again, Kishiko."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 pm

"I am sorry sir, but I am very busy. I don't have time for visitors." She has only barely glanced up, then back at her papers. Perhaps she doesn't know who she's speaking too. "If you need something you can leave a note and I will see to it that my master is alerted to your request. "Good day."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Jun's smile cracks for a moment, "I apologize, perhaps later, if you have time, we could speak, I will seek lodging at the Cresting Wave. If you choose to see me, ask for Iuchi Jun," attempting to cover his rudeness, Jun bows again.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm

"Yes that will be fine, but I don't believe I'll be free for some time Iuchi Ju..." she stops mid sentance and looks up again and gazes at her cousin. "Cousin? Forgive my rudeness! I did not expect to see you so quickly, how in the kami's name did you make it here so quickly?" She sets down here brush and stands up and steps around her sumi-e writing desk and reaches out with her hand to shake Jun's, in the Unicorn manner.