Friendly Traveler Village

The OOC Forum for the The Chrysanthemum Throne L5R game.
Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Re: Friendly Traveler Village

Post by Hermit » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:45 am

Hello. I hope everyone's been doing well. A thought had occurred to me earlier last week that for those of us that frequent this site's Discord Chat Room already know that I inquired about. Considering how deeply this development impacts every PC involved in this campaign, I thought it would be a good idea if we all discussed this issue in greater detail here on the OOC Forum, but wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving before doing so.

Now then, onto the topic at hand: The Cresting Wave Inn has managed to survive (for the most part) in the wake of the destruction wrought by the Tsunami upon Kōnotori Mura, but a major dilemma has arisen in the form of much of the Inn's inventory having been either destroyed, damaged or lost to the tides. After further inquiry about the supply shortage to Vardaen, this unfortunately includes a large amount of our own equipment as well, presumably anything that wasn't immediately on our persons and instead kept in storage on the Inn's premises at the time of the disaster.

Now the good news is that not everything has been lost and that we are allowed to select a few pieces of equipment that we would like to see recovered from the wreckage (barring certain fragile items such as paper for example). With that in mind, I suggest that we take a moment to discuss inventory management and from there plot our best course of action going forward.

I would like to start this conversation by asking Vardaen for further clarification regarding "pick a few items", specifically what is the maximum amount of possessions that we're allowed to recover?
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Good question. ^^

Especially since some of the possessions the characters have, might have been on their body during the tsunami, since we were out invited to a dinner party.
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Hey folks so school ended and I hope to be back able to post at a somewhat regular amount. Nothing like before, but something.

Who is still with me if I kick this back up again?

I'm going to try and get my other games back up to speed first, then dive back here.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu May 20, 2021 7:04 pm

I'm still interested.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Fri May 21, 2021 3:16 am

yeah, still interested
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri May 21, 2021 3:30 am

I'm in!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Fri May 21, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm still interested as well.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Okay great. I'll try and get this kicked back off. I may do a little FFW to jump start it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 21, 2021 7:29 pm

That's probably smart.