A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:18 pm

"Greetings," says Merisiel, feeling slightly out at sea in this strange situation. She reminded herself that she had been in similar situations before and the only unusual thing was this was in the Underdark. "We understand you could use our help. We came here on an unrelated quest--perhaps you can also help us, if you know something of what we seek."

User avatar
ManWithDoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8631
Location: California, USA
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:52 pm

The frog-leg-burdened goblin hesitates, but then pushes back his hood. Revealed are his green skin, large head, sharp teeth, and red eyes. He grins, trying to look friendly.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10234
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:34 am

When Fumbus reveals himself, some of the people move back, surprised.
An old man, with long white hair held together by a leather strap, with the athletic body of an experienced hunter (for his age), looks at you and inside your head, you hear his voice.
"We do not often use our outer voice. But welcome, strangers. This is the Hunter's Council. Tell us about what you seek."

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:22 pm

Merisiel says, "Our troubles may seem small compared to the ones you face, but they are what brought us here. We are from the surface world. There, a hot spring that for centuries has provided healing has gone foul, leaving people with rashes instead. We are investigating the matter and, from what we've been able to piece together, we need to find a nest of healing stones and drop one of those into the source of the hot springs. If I'm remembering what Naomi told me, in addition to the oppressive priesthood ruling you, you actually have a similar problem as well."

User avatar
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Posts: 66367
Location: Miskatonic University
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Carver moves silently through the dark, he's intrigued by the glow on the walls fading like night. Through the town he keeps low, he's likely a bit taller than some and tries to remain not so obvious. In the house he pulls down the hood on his cloak and greets the people. He doesn't smile much, but doesn't scowl or looks fierce, he's just trying to understand it all. "Merisiel speaks true. We are here to do good, and if we can help you, and complete our own task together, we will." He considers, and wonders how the group gets into these situations, he remembers the zombies starting out something similarly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10234
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:42 am

The man thinks for a bit then looks at you again. In your minds you hear: "There is indeed a similar problem here. The lake has become tarnished and we cannot use the water anymore. The priests require more sacrifices to appease the crystal goddess. Hmmm. We are here to talk about resisting the priests. But they have magical powers and have support from some other disticts. But we have support among the fishermen, who suffer most from the contaminated water. And there are some who are experts in myths and legends. Maybe these fishermen elders might help you about this special crystal you seek."

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Merisiel, unused to having someone else's voice in her head, finds herself fidgeting with her hair and has to resist the impulse to tap her head with her fist to try to get the strange voice out.

"Perhaps we should start by talking to fishermen you trust. And, if we spread the word that the healing stones are the key and that there is no need for human sacrifice, that may help build support for a revolt against the priests."

User avatar
ManWithDoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8631
Location: California, USA
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

French Fried Frog Legs

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:20 am

Fumbus shifts his weight, glass clinking beneath his coat. "Well I'm no big magician, but I can make some explosions." He pulls out one of his small bombs. "I can only make a few of these at a time, so if nothing else they can certainly lend a lot towards confusion and intimidation, even if it isn't an unlimited frontline weapon."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Post Reply