A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

User avatar
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Posts: 66367
Location: Miskatonic University
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The old library

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:40 pm

"Not funny."

Carver plods along to get on with it. He's no fan of ghosts, vengeful or not. Zombies, fine, skeletons fine, but not ghosts.

He press into the chamber, eyes open reaching for his crowbar so he can pry the lid off.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10234
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

The old library

Post by Grimbold » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:12 am

The three ignore the magic symbols and begin opening the stone coffin. With combined strength, they lift it a bit, then let it drop to the ground on one side. Inside, there is the dead body of a woman, skin blackened from time, wearing moldered robes, that were expensive and exquisite in their day.
Suddenly, the body's eyes open and begin to glow in orange light!

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Merisiel sighs and says, "As expected, one undead monstrosity and nothing obvious worth stealing. I'm guessing it's too late to put the lid back on and go upstairs like none of this ever happened." She draws her weapons, as she readies for a fight.

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10234
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

The old library

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 pm

"Who disturbs Mamate Kan in her rest?" A grinding, strange voice sounds through the cavern.

User avatar
ManWithDoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8631
Location: California, USA
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The old library

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm

The goblin has no idea who Kamate Kan is - whether that's a full name, title, whatever. He palms a couple grenades behind his back, anticipating this to go just swimmingly. "We are heroes on a mission to cleanse the healing waters of Amanad, which have gone foul at their source."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 pm

Merisiel holds her breath and waits to see how Mamate Kan responds to Fulbus' declaration.

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10234
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

The old library

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:17 pm

The figure hesitates a bit, then continues. "I remember. You must seek the lake cavern. It is east from my abode. Let me rest now."

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Merisiel stands there with her jaw hanging open, looking very foolish, for a moment, before saying, "Thank you very much." She turns to the others and says, "Now let's put the nice lady's tomb back together." The dangers of tangling with undead aside, you really couldn't rob someone who had just given you helpful advice.

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10234
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

The old library

Post by Grimbold » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:08 pm

The mummy seems to grow weaker, the magic fading and the light in her eyes dimming, she leans back into her sarcophagus and stops moving. With considerable effort, the companions manage to close the tomb again.

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Posts: 10053
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Merisiel says to Fumbus, "Well, you were right, but for the wrong reasons. Shall we head east?" She peers down the passageway.

Post Reply