A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The old library

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:45 am

Fumbus is covered in sweat, his eyes very wide still. He starts up a high-pitched whistle and backtracks the hell out of there. "To the east!" Only when they're far away from the very much occupied crypt do his hands stop shaking.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The old library

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 pm

"Well, that went better than expected." Sweating from the effort of putting the lid back on Carver seems pretty pleased.

"Never doubted it would be helpful." He gives that look saying that's not really true. "Right, like the nice dead lady said, east to the lake." He takes a drink of water, clear his forehead and adjust his pack before stomping off.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The old library

Post by Grimbold » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Sorry for being so slow at the moment - work is keeping me occupied a lot with all the distancing rules and extra planning I have to put into things. I do hope to resume pace soon.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck with everything on your end.

Grimbold

The lake

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 12, 2021 10:22 am

I will move you on a bit. I do hope I can post more regularly from now on.
The companions find a passageway that (they think) goes east and follow it for a few hours. It seems mostly natural, but at some places, it has an artificially smoothed floor or an artificially enlarged openins so it is not too difficult to move.

However, at one point, the cavern is partially flooded and you have to wade through breast deep water, with only a few inches of air left above. Movement is difficult and suddenly, you feel the ground give way and you fall...

You recover consciousness and look around. You find yourself in a huge cavern, many miles accross. Strange light emanates from the walls an ceiling (which is several hundred meters above you). Most of the cavern is filled by a huge lake with dark, still water. You are lying on the beach of an island, and get up to look around. Your equipment is still here, either packed away in your rucksacks or belts, or easily found lying in the sand.

Interestingly, the island is covered in some sort of jungle, made up of strange plants. You can also see some sort of bridge made of light that leads to the shore on the side of the cavern. You can just make out some sort of terraced city there.

Suddenly, a giant dark green frog leaps out of the jungle and looks at you hungrily.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The lake

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Fumbus pulls out his dogslicer, waving it menacingly at the giant animal. "You play nice, or I'm going to have some frog legs for lunch, you hear?" He isn't actually eager to get up close and personal, given how big it is it might actually be able to gobble him up. But on the other hand, frog legs do sound mighty tasty right now.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

The lake

Post by Muskrat » Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Merisiel slowly stands up and looks around. "Is it me, or did things just get really weird?"

Then the hungry looking frog appears. "Okay, something that wants to kill and eat us. That's a little more normal." She draws her daggers and juggles them in what she hopes the frog will find a menacing display. "Trying to kill and eat us is going to be more trouble for you than it's worth," she says to the beast.
Intimidation +2

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The lake

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Carver is slower to get up than the others, he's bleeding from a good little gash over his left eye where he hit a rock on the fall. Soaking wet he grumbles, he never likes getting his clothing wet and now everything is soaked. "What happened?" He rolls onto his back and just looks up at the ceiling and tilts his head to the side gazing at the jungle and bridge and city. "Well that's something you don't see every day. We must be in the Un..." the frog leaps into view. "We are no flies, shoo frog shoo!" He doesn't even get up yet, he's still a bit woozy and just hopes it hops away.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold

The lake

Post by Grimbold » Fri May 21, 2021 8:36 am

Carver screams at the frog, and momentarily it backs away. However, it is hungry, and has found some prey, so it gets ready to eat you.
Carver Intimidate:
DEMORALIZE [one-action]
AUDITORY CONCENTRATE EMOTION MENTAL
With a sudden shout, a well-timed taunt, or a cutting putdown,
you can shake an enemy’s resolve. Choose a creature
within 30 feet of you who you’re aware of. Attempt an
Intimidation check against that target’s Will DC. If the target
does not understand the language you are speaking, you’re
not speaking a language, or they can’t hear you, you take a
–4 circumstance penalty to the check. Regardless of your
result, the target is temporarily immune to your attempts to
Demoralize it for 10 minutes.
Critical Success The target becomes frightened 2.
Success The target becomes frightened 1.
Roll 18+2=20 vs 15, success. Frog becomes Frightened 1. = -1 on everything
Carver perception r18+6=24
Merisiel perception r11+6=17
Frog perception r3+7=10-1=9
Fumbus perception r1+3=4
Carver, Merisiel, right before the frog...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The lake

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 21, 2021 5:40 pm

"Who's hungry for some fried frog legs?" He rolls to standing, drawing his great axe as he does. He leaps forward, both hands holding his axe and he drives it down with all his might at the head of the frog hoping to end this quickly before getting all tongue tied.
Honestly forgot some of the PF2 rules. If I can get up and attack I will. Power Attack w/ Great Axe