Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Pepper shakes her head. "I got no clue what that shark-breath likes to eat. Goremon, though... he's a toad, he might really like flies, I guess. But Andre was not kidding earlier, Goremon is no joke. He's the muscle. He's not very bright, though. Out of the three of them, whatever trick you wanna pull would be most likely to work on Goremon."

She shrugs. "That's a smart plan. I've never shot anything before in my life, but we're bound to hit something if we're all shooting. Still, I think I'll join in if it looks like you're in trouble. Andre's got the bows and the guns, but he keeps it all locked away. If Bluebeard ever saw 'em, the whole town would pay for it. We'd have to convince Andre to bet on us before he hands 'em over."
Pepper also knows that Borcht & Bluebeard are humans.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:30 pm

The party, after deciding to go talk to Andre, make their way accross back to the general goods store, where the bulked male was still working the shop. He was just sweeping the floor when the group entered...

"No. I ain't selling any weapons. Last thing I need is for that psycho to smash down my shop for hiding weapons that could be used against him."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:03 pm

"Andre, come on! I've got volunteers this time. If you don't, said psycho will still be taking it out on us if we screw up."

She looks at Zed for help.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:33 pm

Barnacle is friendly enough, but not particularly experienced with negotiation. He could certainly bulge out his muscles to intimidate, but he doesn't want to do that with these townsfolk. He's trying to help, not bully everyone.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Zed leans on the counter and looks Andre square in the eye, "I understand your worry Andre, I really do, but here is the thing, this is happening with or without your help and to be honest, do you think that if we fail you'll be safe? You said it yourself Bluebeard is a psychopath, do you think that if we somehow fail the people of this beautiful town there won't be any retribution and that as the only weapon smith in town his retribution will escape you?" Zed shakes his head, "You see I don't think that would happen, Bluebeard does not seem like the kind and understanding type that you seem to be hedging your bets with, and I think that deep down you know this. Instead, why don't you help us and your people get rid of this scum and lift the boot from your neck? Besides, it's not like you have that many options otherwise."
Intimidation check on Andre.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Intimdate check 1d20+4
RESULT = 9
Andre scoffed and brushed his hands on the counter, making Zed have to move his elbow off of it, "You can say whatever. I'd rather he attacks for just being a bastard than become I armed his enemies with weapons."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Zed makes a mental note reminding himself that once this is all said an done to eviscerate the coward standing in front of him, "I see that you wish to die a coward, that could be arranged. We are wasting our time with this one, lets move on and see how we can best outfit our guys." Zed turns around to leave, he slowly makes his way to the door and opens it, he looks back at the shop keeper, "Andre, I guarantee that you will remember this day, regardless of the outcome, I will make sure that you never forget your cowardice."
And we have gotten to the point where i really hope you all read my bio, this guy is going to suffer.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:05 pm

Pepper stares at Zed, taken aback by the way he chose to speak to her friend. She turns toward Andre again, pleading, "Please, pretend you didn't hear that. If you really don't think we have a chance, if you're so sure we'll fail even with your weapons, then why do you still have them? Don't you hate keeping your head down and never knowing if we could make it happen? Would it help if we pretend that the new guys brought them to the island? I'll say I was the one sitting on them the whole time."
Persuasion check for 2nd attempt to convince the shop owner to part with the booty.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 pm

While he does like Pepper, he is good friends with Zed and naturally sides with him. While he doesn't try to stop Pepper from continuing the negotiations, he has already mentally written off Andre and is ready to leave when they're finished here.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:06 am

Persuade check 1d20+1
RESULT = 21
Andre stared at Pepper. The Mink was definitely a ray of hope, one that was pretty desperate to stop Bluebeard once and for all. Andre rubbed his face with hit meaty hand, groaning gently before putting the hand back on the counter and looking at Pepper, slightly tilting his head forward at her. He walked out from behind the counter and into a backroom.

After a few minutes, Andre came back... with a couple rifles. He dropped them onto the counter, "It was before your time Pepper. We used to be hunters. I guess its time to reclaim that..."

He patted the Mink's shoulder and gave her a grin, "Screw it. You tell that rat bastard that I was holding them in hopes to pop him between the eyes."