Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Zed can't contain the smile on his face, battle time always makes him happy, he nods at Pepper, as she gives the townsfolk instructions, and unsheaths his sword from its cane sheath. "We will hit the fast and hard, the element of surprise is our best ally in this fight, as Pepper said concentrate your fire and fight smart. Today Bluebeard goes down!"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:33 am

The hulking Barnacle has already taken out his heavy flail, holding it tightly in both hands. As the largest and likely slowest of their group, he waits for the other to initiate before charging in at Bluebeard and his partners in crime.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:36 pm

Bluebeard looked around at the couple of citizens that were standing just outside there homes, observing what the small band of pirates were about to do... The captain happened to step forward and grab the first crate, with Goremon grabbing another with one of his meaty hands.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Pepper points at Goremon. "Now! Shoot the big guy!" she hisses. (whispering)

Edit
After the armed villagers fire the first volley (of two shots), Pepper leaps out of hiding, charging at the toad mink. Energy crackles on her gauntlet.
Initiative & Surprise round. Here we go!
Last edited by RorytheRomulan on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Without hesitation Zed rushes forward, sword in hand ready to engage Goremon as the firing comences.
Activate Haste and attack Goremon.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:57 am

After that shot from the ambush rings out and they've now clearly announced themselves, Barnacle runs around the corner of the house and tries to catch up with Zed at he charges towards towards the toad-looking Mink, hoping to gang up on him and take him out of the fight right away.
Woohoo! Go Heavy Flail with a Cold special!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:46 pm

"WHAT?!"

Bluebeard shouted in shock at... a rebellion?! There was the shots of gunfire from the two civilians given the rifles, shooting at the Mink though their bullets seemed to not make an impact. Pepper's hands began to spark as she activated her Electo ability. Now that Goremon was alert, he stopped Zed and Barnacle from landing any strikes on him.

"Ey, Captain, seem we're under attack." Borcht stated before drawing his two pistols, "Permission to kill?"

"PERMISSION ALWAYS GRANTED!!"

Borscht aims his guns at Pepper and unleashes two shots at Pepper.
Shooters attack! = 1d8 - 1
Goremon takes no damage!

Pepper activates Electro!

Zed rolls attack!: 19 vs 22 = MISS

Barnacle rolls attack!: 9 vs 15 = MISS

Borscht fires at Pepper!: 23 vs 15 = HIT!!
Borscht rolls damage!: 4
Pepper takes 3 damage!!

Initiative
Borcht
Zed
Pepper {Takes 3 damage}
Barnacle
Bluebeard
Goremon

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:43 pm

The gunfire from their ragtag militia causes ringing in Pepper's ears. She was standing right next to them when they fired. She doesn't hear Borscht's shots when they hit their mark. One bullet grazes her. The other gets her in the shoulder and passes through. She clutches at the wound and grunts through gritted teeth as it throbs with unbelievable pain.

She can barely hear herself as she shouts at the gunmen behind her: "Don't stop!" and she rushes at Goremon again with single-minded determination.
Following through with Charge vs Goremon

It's only 3 damage, but this is also the first time that Pepper's been shot.
Pepper's attack roll & damage crunch for convenience.

Attack: 1d20+8
Charging

Damage: 1d6+U.S. * 1.5
Electro channeled through weapon attack

Penalties: -2 Defense until start of next turn (Charging)

U.S. 1d3+Str/Dex (whichever is higher)

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:35 am

The big cyborg keeps up the pressure, hoping to do better than his last swing. He had focused too much on rushing the distance, and didn't set himself properly to do any damage. This time he's determined to show his strength rather than looking like a suicidal idiot.
We never really figured out what my 'Cold Special' does. Whoops. Well at least I've got solid base damage with the Heavy Flail regardless.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:36 pm

Missing his first stroke Zed doesn't miss a beat as he's slash is deflected by Goremon. Zed immediately spins around slashing at the goon once more.
Attack Goremon.