Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Tojiro gazes at the collection of ordinance, "Hey, Xan, we should up the stage show with this kind of pyro. Really knock crowd off it's feet with the concussion alone. What kind of budget are we working on?"
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Xander, looking at the selection of weapons being offered to them, pulls his keyboard infront of him. He places it on its side on the ground, playing a couple keys in a weird rythm, before a slow open and shoots out a shotgun, which he quickly grabs and holds out by its middle, "Got anything better than this?"

"I don't remember our effects budget being too high, most of that last show were scraps and DIY effects. I think a few good sparklers could do well..."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:32 pm

Tojiro smirks wryly at the rocker, "Let's hope our next show doesn't have the same rat problems, neh?"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Ian grabs the shotgun from Xander looks over the pristine shotgun and whistles, signifying being impressed. "Nothing much better than what you already got there, that shotgun is top-notch as it is. However, I do have this, maybe it will be of interest to you." Ian reaches into a bin and pulls out two boxes of acid shot cartridges and tosses them to Xander "this will put a nice dent on anyone threatening you."

Ian looks at Tojiro as he asks about budget, "That can be negotiated, looking for this kind of gear screams a big score, we could help you out for a percentage of the take, how's 25% sound to you?"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Lia looks over at the kid, "It should be a good haul, we should be able to grab some extra data on our way through, push up the take a bit," she looks back at Ian, "We need to pick up another contractor though," she considers, "1/6, and if things go sideways we blow the guns, no way to trace it back to you. No risk to you and the boys."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Tojiro runs his hand across a case of high explosives, "It's a fool's gambit against a big player that's already setting fire to the city tonight. If it goes sideways, there won't be enough left of anything for identification, let alone interrogation, doll. If they'd do that to a fucking kid, they're not getting us." He inclines his head towards Alfie.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Tojiro chuckles, a light of realization reaching his eyes, "Hell, there'll be no way to cover it up. Probably call it an act of terrorism, and the demand for PMC security will triple over whatever it's already climbing to tonight. Success gets you corporate pay dirt, a fail gets you a spike in work. Invest for a win-win, neh?"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Ian mulls it over for a couple of seconds before countering with "1/5, and we'll provide support, if needed, deal?"

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Tojiro makes a 'not bad' face, "Reasonable enough to me. Got any fun rounds in 10mm?"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Lia gives Ian a hug, "Thank you!" The bodyguard slips back a step and begins checking out the rifles. "I can handle almost anything with this," she taps the SMG at her side, "but more stopping power might be nice..."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale