Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 pm

Ian shakes hands with Tojiro, "Excellent, always good to work with Lia, and nee friends are always welcome. "Ian opens a couple of containers and pulls out 6 boxes of 10 mm armor piercing ammo. "I got these if you'll like."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:50 pm

Ian digs through some of the crates while saying,"Yeah, I got something for you. I think you are going to like it." after digging through the crates he pulls out a MIlitech Ronin Light Assault rifle and hands it to Lia, "What do you think? Good enough?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:31 am

Slide rummages through the weapons and the other widgets, not finding anything that particularly catches his eye. There are other assault rifles outside of the Miltech Ronin he already owns, but it's the most accurate available to regular folks. He's no sniper, so any accuracy boost he can get he keeps. Same with his Federated Arms X-22 pistol. And the same goes for his armor. It's sturdy and reliable. Going heavier would provide better protection, but also slow him down. Having your driver find it difficult to move his arms and legs around while he's trying to work isn't the best move in the world.

He instead heads to any security tech that might be in stock. Security scanners, Card or Voc Decryptors, maybe even a jamming transmitter if they get desperate. He's not looking for Corp-level quality stuff, anything that might give them a leg up will do. "Hey, you don't have any burner vehicles, do you?" An outside chance, but it would be nice to keep the Van for a while longer. If it gets ID-ed and tracked by a Megacorp, he's going to have to burn the thing out and ditch it anyways. And then he'll have to buy a new one (or more likely steal it, like he did the van), and install the mods yet again.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Ian gives Robert a smile, "I think you are going to like this, come with me." The group goes through the door and into a different garage inside it there are several vehicles he walks up to a standard white service van. Ian slides open the door revealing a full surveillance set up inside. "What do you think? Eh."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:08 pm

Tojiro whistles softly, "That'll definitely help avoid the hot spots, provided they don't decide to start them directly over us again...."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:20 pm

"One little party with one little tank and it becomes the first thing you worry about?"
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Tojiro smirks, "As someone who's already been blown up, I'm calling not it. It's definitely a once in a lifetime experience for most people."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Slide claps in glee, the first good news to him since these whole shenanigans started up. "Oh yes, this will be more than fine." He hops in and starts fiddling with the setup, figuring out the features and how to control them. Like a kid in a candy store.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Seeing Robert's reaction brings a smile to Ian's face, I am just glad that I can help you guys out. The kid takes a look inside the van and can't help but be a little impressed, he joins Robert inside the van fiddling with the controls. Using his speak and spell voice box the kid says "This is impressive stuff, Mr. Ian, thank you for your help." Ian nods in a agreement to the kid and turns to Lia once more. "I think this should cover all your basics, anything else you need Lia?"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:49 am

Given the newness of having this heavily modded kid around, Robert tries to use the time fiddling with the van's equipment to build a bond with him. Try to get him talking shop. Not digging into his past or anything that might be traumatic, just trying to draw him out.