Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Lia's comm link beeps a couple of times before it is answered by a man with a gruff voice, "Hello Lia, my sweet friend, how have you been?"

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:00 pm

Tojiro perks up, scribbling on his notepad before holding it up to Lia, fluttering his lashes. It's mostly an alphanumeric soup of demolition grade explosives, directional mines, and less-than-lethal tossables. Not your standard 'aks in the alley' offerings.
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 pm

"Oh, you know, non-stop parties, wild crowds, just what I expected in private security," there's a huge smile on her face as she talks, "I hope you and the boys have drawn a well paying quiet garrison duty." The banter continues for just as long as expected before she drops the ask, "Ian, would your boys have any extra gear that a couple of friends and I could take off your hands?" her voice drips like honey, as she nods at Tojiro, "we might need to make some holes in things."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 pm

Ian clicks his tongue, "why don't you come on over and I'll see what the boys can scrounge up for you?"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 pm

"Still at the old place?" Lia and passes on the address Robert, then hangs up. "Ian's an old friend, we did some work together a while ago. He says he'll see what the boys can scrounge up, so who's up to meet some mercs?"
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:45 pm

"... I mean." Xander tried to not be a little flustered from hearing about possibly having a trick or two. Though they did all have a good point, he could use his hype for this kind of thing. He rubs the back of his neck and looks at the others, "Hey... Who's heard of 'Subliminal Messaging'? We could always recruit a couple of peeps to assist with some 'creative liberties' in a score?"

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Tojiro shakes his head at Xander, "That shit is long term conditioning to have any meaningful results, and still sketchy as hell, in both morality and effectiveness. It is funny to yell "What makes the grass grow" at an unsuspecting grunt, though."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Lia shrugs, "We all know how you can get a crowd jacked, you don't need tricks to get people to react."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:01 am

Arriving at Ian's hangout is simple and quiet enough, the trek takes only a few minutes, when the group pulls up the building's automatic door opens allowing the van into a brightly lit garage, once inside the door starts to close and Ian comes up to greet the group. He is shirtless flaunting his rippling muscles and tattoos. "Lia! My sweet, how have you been?" He says as he gives the street samurai a friendly hug. He turns to the rest of the group and greets everyone. "Welcome guys, please make yourselves at home, any friend of Lia is a friend of the Inquisitors."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:15 am

Lia returns the hug, "It's been good, working shows is rarely boring, and the team's pretty good, too," she grins at the team before introducing them, "Ian and I worked a together for a while five or six years ago. He runs a good crew," she looks back at the mercenary, "Tell you the truth, it's going to get rough and we don't have the hardware, thanks for doing this, Ian."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale