Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:43 am

Tojiro waves friendly, as he checks Ian's tattoos for anything identifying former service, "Kōun, I run the sound, lights, pyro, and back up bouncing."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Ian makes a clicking noise with his tongue, "sounds like you might be over your head, what have you gotten yourself into?" From the van's sliding door emerges the kid looking around clearly sticking out like a sore thumb, Ian turns to the youngster "and who might you be?" Ian gives Lia his most charming smile and whispers "He doesn't seem like your kind of crowd."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm

"He's what we got into. He needs our help, and yeah, it's more than we can handle with what we have right now." Lia's normally bubbly attitude is a bit subdued, "All I really get is that we're on a clock, so any help we can get, I'd appreciate it."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Ian gives Lia as smile, "tell me, what do you need, anything if I have it, you are welcomed to it." He starts towards the interior of the building, "come, come, i am sure the rest of the guys would love to see you."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Lia turns to the team, "Come on, we're as safe as can be here, and I trust the Inquisitors with my life." She skips alongside Ian, asking rapid fire questions about various mercenaries and support staff, like it's any other visit.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Tojiro chuckles as he heads towards the door, sticking close to the kid, "How's your stock of high explosives?"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Once inside the comon area Lia is greeted amicably by the rest of the gang, as the introduce themselves to the rest of the crew, after a little catching up, Ian stands up and says "do you have a list of what you need for this secret war you are going to be waging?"

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Tojiro sighs, "Shaping up to be defensive urban guerilla, we'll likely have to defend a location for longer than is smart. I could say some shit about going unnoticed and undisturbed, but Murphy has already given me one high-five." Hydraulic hand-wave for comedic effect, "We'll want to count on the four Ds to keep from being shredded: denial, distractions, decoys, and demolitions, neh? Claymores, grenades, remote detonators, laser trip-lines, preferably, IED materials or anything combustible in a pinch. It's the kind of day to feed your safety officer coal and collect diamonds."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Lia shrugs, "I can survive with what I've got, though something a little heavier than this," she taps the SMG that hangs at her side, "would be great." She scans the team, "Anything else you need?"
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:34 pm

The group walks into a fairly large storage area, one very much familiar to Lia. Ian walks around the neatly placed cases, "Let's see, here we have some grenades, both gas and frag, EMP grenades, plastique, claymores. If you are looking to take down a lot of baddies these might be your best options." He taps a case of laser mines. "As far as long range stuff, the selection isn't that great, but I do have a couple sniper rifles and assault rifles that might help. As well as a couple shotguns i could part with to help you clear out anyone that gets in your way."